You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp: We wont have the biggest transfer window of all time

tlw content

Jurgen Klopp has once again reiterated that Liverpool will not be big spenders in the summer transfer window.

Speaking in the aftermath of Liverpool's 6-0 triumph against Tranmere in their opening pre-season game at Prenton Park on Thursday evening, Klopp said the growth would come internally.

Sky Sports reported Klopp as saying:

"We brought them already. Oxlade-Chamberlain, Rhian Brewster, they didn't play last year. All the young boys today, they're all new players for us."

"The transfer market is open until August 8th. This wonderful country, the whole of Europe had the idea to close the transfer window early and the only country who did it was England finally. 

"So we close it three weeks before the others. We will see what we do, but I don't think it will be the biggest transfer window of all time."

One of the players that Klopp has identified as a exciting prospect is Brewster and the youngster certainly did not let him down which the manager was not the least bit surprised by.

thumb_89912_default_news_size_5.jpeg

"I love the boy, he is a fantastic player but one of the goals I would have scored. 

"We knew Rhian was a good player before. Why should I play it down? I just don't want to talk after a game about the guy who scored two goals. I saw a really good game and Rhian is a fantastic player." 

The German said how much first team action the youngster gets this season will be purely down to his own performance and ability to adapt.

"100 per cent [it is a big season] but it depends on him as well. 

"Divock Origi stays which is good news, Bobby Firmino is still there.

"Rhian Brewster is a top striker, he is a top talent and I have told him already that he has an important role this year but how important depends on him.

"We will see. He has to play different positions as well - the centre, wing is possible I think, we will see how we line up, but there will be opportunities for him. I am sure."

View full article