You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other teams you go in Football Manager

Bjornebye

For those who can't let go of being a kid. 

I've only got the 2014 version. Keep meaning to get the new one but don't play it enough these days. Still love it though. can lose hours playing it. 

Get bored of going the Reds sometimes (We had Aspas in this fucking one) so often go other teams. 

Newcastle

Pompey

Lecce 

I went Benfica once but the fucking rules on players etc over in Portugal is fucked. Couldn't get my head around it. 

3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I haven't played regularly in well over 10 years. Played alot around 99-03. 

Normally played in Italy as any of the bigger clubs. Never really bothered will the whole starting at the bottom. 

I loved going Parma in the old Championship Manager. 97/98 time 

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I loved going Parma in the old Championship Manager. 97/98 time 

They make great ham which is a good reason to manage their football team.

I haven't played any of these since around 1993. In Championship Manager it was Liverpool (I won the title 2 years running with Nii Lamptey up front) and in Premier Manager, it was Wycombe or Woking, non-league all the way up to the second tier.

Guest Pistonbroke
17 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

For those who can't let go of being a kid. 

I've only got the 2014 version. Keep meaning to get the new one but don't play it enough these days. Still love it though. can lose hours playing it. 

Get bored of going the Reds sometimes (We had Aspas in this fucking one) so often go other teams. 

Newcastle

Pompey

Lecce 

I went Benfica once but the fucking rules on players etc over in Portugal is fucked. Couldn't get my head around it. 

The latest version I have is 2007! Probably won't even be compatible with Windows 10. (might try it out later to see if it works) Not played it for nigh on 10 years. Obviously started off with Liverpool but after a while you get bored of beating everyone in sight and landing the majority of trophies on offer. Decided to then take Darlington from Division 3 on, and it took me ages to get them to the Championship. 

One of the issues I found with taking a club rapidly through the leagues to the Prem is that home-grown quotas are tough. If you're anything like me, chances are pretty high that your success was built on the back of cheapo signings from abroad. Then suddenly you need 8 players who were developed in England.

1 minute ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

One of the issues I found with taking a club rapidly through the leagues to the Prem is that home-grown quotas are tough. If you're anything like me, chances are pretty high that your success was built on the back of cheapo signings from abroad. Then suddenly you need 8 players who were developed in England.

I always make sure I sign a few English 16/17 year olds every summer to make sure I’ve got enough cover for that. 

Its worse abroad so doubt I will go Bilbao ..... 

far at more fun with a shitter team

though. Pompey are a boss side to go. In my one they are in league 2 and on the bones of their arse. 

I took 5 months off when my son was born.

At first i decided to download the 01/02 version but with a patch for modern players. Weirdly i couldnt get into it.

I then bought the most recent one and played it for couple of months. Won the league and european cup double on the spin then lost interest.

Might pick it up again in the future?

What was the question again? Nobody.

23 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I always make sure I sign a few English 16/17 year olds every summer to make sure I’ve got enough cover for that. 

Right, that's definitely the way to go once you've got enough money. You can hoover up the best prospects from all over the world. However, early on when you're on a shoestring, it's going to be difficult to afford promising youngsters, and your rubbish youth system is unlikely to be much help either.

15 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Gets you the odd admiring / annoyed glance in the pub on a Saturday when you regale your mates with a potted history of some Division Two nonentity.

There was a lad that just went on Love Island who used to play for Watford. He was an absolute legend for my Barnet side. Needless to say the missus was confused as to why I was more excited about the new entrants into the villa than she was.

• Upvote 1

My cherished memory was of taking Chester City to the premier league and getting to be part time England boss at the same time.

this that would’ve been the first year of “football manager” after they split. When was that? 2003?

44 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I have 2012 and 2014. 

I play 2012. 2014 has too much shite on it, the newer ones must be incredibly tedious.

I got 2014 but after 2 seasons binned it off, it was awful. Love 2012