You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tranmere (A) Friendly, 11/7/19

Bjornebye

It was a uniquely terrible game to end.

All these wide eyed Liverpool fans having the best day of their lives and just revelling in it with their best mates and parents.

Personally, I much prefer to be on here seeing the decision to go 3-5-2 instead of 4-3-3 end with psychoanalysis into a man's marriage and demands to meet other forumites for an immediate brawl at the local fast food establishment.

5 hours ago, Kevin D said:

It was absolutely disgraceful.

I have forwarded the following photos onto Merseyside police and I pray that they identify these hoodlums and throw them in jail.

And while we’re at it, does anyone know who wrote this on the side of Kev’s house?

graffiti-on-a-house-reading-grass!!!-mea

10 hours ago, viRdjil said:

In fairness Larouci looks ready physically. 

Played really well up to a point, that point being the Tranmere 18 yard box, where time after time after time he cut inside on his right or turned round and played it backwards. No confidence in his left foot whatsoever.

2nd half, Lewis was a much better option at left back imo.

9 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Hoever is class

I agree. Played really well, good physicality and pace for a 17 kid, showed plenty of skill and confidence too.

Still don't see him as a full back though, centre half through and through. I think both Hoever and Nat Phillips are both excellent young cb options, also really looking forward to seeing what this Van den Berg kid is all about preseason, his YouTube vids look excellent.

Future is bright.

Just now, Doctor Troy said:

Some toddler started a pitch invasion while the game was still going with about 10 minutes left. Somehow he managed to escape his dad and leg it onto the pitch. Not sure if the cameras caught it. 

Cry for help from Jay Spearing. 

7 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Some toddler started a pitch invasion while the game was still going with about 10 minutes left. Somehow he managed to escape his dad and leg it onto the pitch. Not sure if the cameras caught it. 

Best part was the steward letting his dad be the one to run on the pitch to retrieve him.

Nice work, if you can get it. Proper Sopranos no-work type stuff, that.

Guest Pistonbroke
13 hours ago, Caramac said:

Reported

I missed the match, so thanks for the goal gifs mate, some well taken goals amongst them. 

Apparently a rainbow made an appearance. 

Image may contain: stadium, sky and outdoor

5 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Played really well up to a point, that point being the Tranmere 18 yard box, where time after time after time he cut inside on his right or turned round and played it backwards. No confidence in his left foot whatsoever.

2nd half, Lewis was a much better option at left back imo.

I prefer Larouci however it’s spelt, watched them both a few times to be fair  to him he is a converted winger. Neither will be cover in my opinion, not yet anyway.

Hoe er is ready to cover Trent now, again in my opinion.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Pidge said:

I reckon clyne will be here until January to cover both sides before going out on loan again. 

Shame as he should really be in more demand considering his ability.

He wasn't that good for Bournemouth in a defensive sense whilst on loan there. Probably put a lot of clubs off, especially as we'd be wanting a decent wedge for him. His contract runs out next summer though, but he's only 28 which isn't past it as far as right backs go. 

20 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I prefer Larouci however it’s spelt, watched them both a few times to be fair  to him he is a converted winger. Neither will be cover in my opinion, not yet anyway.

Hoe er is ready to cover Trent now, again in my opinion.

I agree on that evidence that neither of them are ready to cover Robertson, I would still go for Lewis ahead of Larouci as although the lad is more physically developed I think the reticence to use his left foot and fact he virtually never crossed when the option was abundantly clear makes me think that he would not be a natural fit for our side in that position.