You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Caretaker manager for one year in 22/23?

M_B

Guest Alex_K

“How is this going to work for a coach who has increased the club’s value from nearly £900million to just under £2.8billion? That is not how it works.”

If his agent really did say this in respect to agreeing new terms on a contract .. the Americans should expect nothing less. They better be ready to carve the man a monument in gold. He's transformed the club and made them all very significantly richer men.

9 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

The lessons of the past should be learned here it's what should have happened under Dalglish albeit under totally different circumstances but as long as Jurgen is willing to sign a new contract to continue as manager then give him the year off I'm sure Lijnders (sp) could hold the fort for a year .

Yes absolutely that should have happened for Kenny, he was a broken man.

I think this caretaker manager idea is the most inane thing Ive ever heard. Jurgen will either extend his contract or decide he's had enough and wants a rest followed by a new challenge. Yes, the two options may be stating the bleedin' obvious but, it is what he has done at both Mainz and Dortmund.

I'd love Jurgen to stay here for the rest of his career. But I also think he's a man of his word so, my fingers are crossed he can bring us number 19 and 20 before that time comes. If he does that, I will not begrudge him one iota is he decides Bayern or the German National team are jobs he cannot turn down.

Put a contract on the table that includes a year off to manage Tranmere Rovers, John Henrys yacht with all  extras including Linda in the master bedroom, the numbers to their Cayman Island Bank accounts and unlimited transfer funds.

Then use the Godfather persuader.

In 30 seconds your signature is on the contract or your brains are.

• Upvote 2