You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Caretaker manager for one year in 22/23?

M_B

If reports are to be believed, Klopp is considering a year out at the end of his contract in 2022.

Not been done in football before but if he were up for it, would you consider a caretaker manager for that season while he took a sabbatical, or would it be time for regime change?

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Normally I wouldn't think this is a good idea, but the 22/23 season is going to be shit anyway because of the mid season World Cup. If Klopp agrees to it though it would make sense to put somebody like Lijnders in temporary charge for 12 months. 

Agree with this. Although Klopp might change his mind and remain, or even leave in full. 

16 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I'd be in favour of it, but only if there was a proven manager out there who had enjoyed success at European level as an "interim coach". 

Preferably someone with far-Eastern experience as well. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Get Benitez back for a year or two after he's rested himself in China and team him up with SG under his wing, I'm sure they'd be up for it. If JK does take a sabbatical. I reckon JK is more likely to hand the reins over fully if he wants a rest from the game then return to Germany for his next project. 

28 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Reckon he's had enough of the owners and will see his contract out and that will be it. 

He hates the owners so he'll only stay 7 years, the same number of years he stayed at his beloved Dortmund and Mainz for. Great shout there. 

• Upvote 4

The lessons of the past should be learned here it's what should have happened under Dalglish albeit under totally different circumstances but as long as Jurgen is willing to sign a new contract to continue as manager then give him the year off I'm sure Lijnders (sp) could hold the fort for a year .

• Upvote 1