You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

Out of curiosity, why?

The fabric is obviously made to last and doesn’t look the best, but then that’s not what they’re designed for so it’s not a criticism in that way. 

I’d maybe wear them around the house and then pop out to meet mates for a few beers in the afternoon. 

But to take the missus out to a beer garden or for a day out I’d go for something a bit smarter. 

They're sound for what they’re designed for and good value.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

It's too hot for trousers, and I need a new pair - any recommendations?

For reference, I prefer a longer length (*snigger) so as to avoid the obscenity of excessive knee flashing.

You probably want to take a look at 3/4-length shorts like these then:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRji8Efudo5qxugV71tX

• Downvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Wear a man Sarong BBN. You'll look like a Twat, but at least it'll cover your knees mate. You'll be the talk of the town. Bet it would also bag you a few birds who like that sort of thing.

Image result for Sarong for men

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Tempting, but I already look like a twat - my current summer outfit of choice is a red Hawaiian shirt, offset against purple shorts, with a raffia porkpie on my bonce and sunglasses I can only describe as Hispanic gang member in style.

DCFAC355-54BB-4ABC-83FB-81AA1AEA9101.jpeg

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Tempting, but I already look like a twat - my current summer outfit of choice is a red Hawaiian shirt, offset against purple shorts, with a raffia porkpie on my bonce and sunglasses I can only describe as Hispanic gang member in style.

Pics or GTFO. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I've never worn head wear since leaving the forces, mainly because I had to wear it loads whilst serving and it pissed me off. I'm going real thin on the crown now, so just have a No 2 all the time. I've noticed that my baldish patch is not the best thing to leave uncovered in these summer months though, kind of stings a bit if I'm out and about for more than an hour or two. Probably have to bite the bullet and decide on what a 55 year old should wear which doesn't make me look like a pigeon fancier from Yorkshire or like Geoffrey Boycott. Maybes go for the pirate bandana look.  

13 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I've never worn head wear since leaving the forces, mainly because I had to wear it loads whilst serving and it pissed me off. I'm going real thin on the crown now, so just have a No 2 all the time. I've noticed that my baldish patch is not the best thing to leave uncovered in these summer months though, kind of stings a bit if I'm out and about for more than an hour or two. Probably have to bite the bullet and decide on what a 55 year old should wear which doesn't make me look like a pigeon fancier from Yorkshire or like Geoffrey Boycott. Maybes go for the pirate bandana look.  

My ol fella used to get a sunblock from boots designed for balding blokes. 

Protected your noggin but wasn’t greasy on your hair. 

Guest Pistonbroke
15 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

My ol fella used to get a sunblock from boots designed for balding blokes. 

Protected your noggin but wasn’t greasy on your hair. 

I have an all year round slight Tan due to my old der being Anglo Indian and I've never suffered from sun burn or used lotion. The Sun seems to be burning differently now though due to high UV levels, and I've noticed my noggin is giving me gip. Probably have to go down the lotion route, or look like a Pirate, Pigeon fancier or a really shit Humphrey Bogart impersonator. 

22 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

From memory, the hem skimmed the knee. Would depend on how long your legs are though, I reckon. I’ve got a long body and short legs (31” inside leg).

Long body, short leg rep. (29")

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Wear a man Sarong BBN. You'll look like a Twat, but at least it'll cover your knees mate. You'll be the talk of the town. Bet it would also bag you a few birds who like that sort of thing.

Image result for Sarong for men

Fucks sake, thought I'd buried that photo

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

Long body, short leg rep. (29")

We should start a support group.

My name's Babbs, and I have long body short leg syndrome. I recently picked up a pair of vintage Levi's, that were 34" leg. I tried them on out of curiosity and bizarrely, they fitted perfectly. I convinced myself that somehow the cut meant they suited my little legs, and I should pick up another pair. It was only after I tried on the second pair at home that I found the first lot had been professionally taken up by about four inches. 

• Upvote 1