You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wimbledon 2019

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Nothing to do with tennis but somebody told me once that facetious is the only English word with all of the vowels in it and in the right order. No idea if it's right.

I would suggest that you've been rather abstemious in your research.

• Upvote 4

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Doesn't really work, to be fair. Almost always related to drinking.

Food as well. Yeah, I googled the meaning, never fucking heard of the word before. You facetious bastard. * Only joking.........

4 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Food as well. Yeah, I googled the meaning, never fucking heard of the word before. You facetious bastard. * Only joking.........

Probably quite a few words with aeiou in order actually because we have so many words ending "ious". Loads will be really fucking obscure scientific stuff.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Jairzinho said:

Probably quite a few words with aeiou in order actually because we have so many words ending "ious". Loads will be really fucking obscure scientific stuff.

No doubt. Suzy Dent would know. 

Guest Pistonbroke
7 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Anyway...when does Nadal/Federer kick off? As soon as this game finishes?

Sceduled for 17:15 European time. 

10 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Rodge is 38 fucking years old. Let that sink in folks.

Will always be my favourite player.

To be still competing at the highest level at that age, in a sport which absolutely ravages your body is phenomenal.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Match will be decided on Fed's serve. Seriously deserted him second set

Back to normal now. Thankfully. 

7 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I wish I had his medical team supporting me. 

Me too mate.

Having a few million quid in the bank certainly helps your recovery. I doubt Roger goes to his local GP and gets put on a 3 month waiting list to see a physio student.