You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who would you rather see get back together, The Smiths or The Jam?

Bjornebye

The Smiths or The Jam?   

36 members have voted

1. 1. The Smiths or The Jam?

Just put Johnny Marrs set on from Glasto and he is playing Smiths songs What a band. i know Morrisey has disappeared up his racist bigoted arse but fuck me they had some tunes The Smiths.

For me though its The Jam. Just. Always loved them. Someone put Town Called Malice on in my Dads pub when I was a kid and apparently my Dad just seen me for the first time actually react to music. Said it was one of his proudest moments even though he doesn't particularly like The Jam and prefers AC/Dc, Journey and The Pogues. 

One of my favourite bands of all time. 

Was on a school trip in the late-70s and we went into a pub somewhere in Stratford one night and In the City came on the jukebox , literally stunned me and I went and put it on at least five times.

Liked the Smiths but Morrissey would probably walk off after 2 songs if he heard somebody had driven past McDonalds on the way, or Tommy Robinson hadn’t picked his ticket up.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

Was on a school trip in the late-70s and we went into a pub somewhere in Stratford one night and In the City came on the jukebox , literally stunned me and I went and put it on at least five times.

Liked the Smiths but Morrissey would probably walk off after 2 songs if he heard somebody had driven past McDonalds on the way, or Tommy Robinson hadn’t picked his ticket up.

Mate In The City is a belter. Just a fucking brilliant band. 

Right about Morrissey the cunt. Marr is playing How Soon Is Now though on this I'm watching and fuck me..... Just fuck me. 

• Upvote 1

I like some Smiths stuff but I don't think it would be a good idea for them to reform.  Morrissey is too far gone and some stuff just belongs in the past.  Don't ruin a fine musical legacy.  I don't think it will ever happen, anyway.  

I have no interest in Paul Weller, the Jam or Mod music/culture in general. Vespa-riding nobheads. Town Called Malice makes me want to torture kittens.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I like some Smiths stuff but I don't think it would be a good idea for them to reform.  Morrissey is too far gone and some stuff just belongs in the past.  Don't ruin a fine musical legacy.  I don't think it will ever happen, anyway.  

I have no interest in Paul Weller, the Jam or Mod music/culture in general. Vespa-riding nobheads. Town Called Malice makes me want to torture kittens.

Snowflake 

5 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I ain't here to piss on your chips, mate, if the Jam make you happy then good on you. There's certainly worse stuff out there, like the Foo fucking Fighters.

Fucks up with The Foo's? Great band. Seen them live about 10 times. What do you like other than snorting marmalade out of a tramps arse? 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Fucks up with The Foo's? Great band. Seen them live about 10 times. What do you like other than snorting marmalade out of a tramps arse? 

I like listening to Pissed Jeans, Brothers of the Sonic Cloth, The Afghan Whigs, Surgery (Nationwide is a great LP) and a bit of Cocteau Twins (while snorting marmalade out of a tramp's arse).

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I like listening to Pissed Jeans, Brothers of the Sonic Cloth, The Afghan Whigs, Surgery (Nationwide is a great LP) and a bit of Cocteau Twins (while snorting marmalade out of a tramp's arse).

giphy.gif

Love them both, but I prefer The Smiths. However, I'd rather Morrissey left their tunes where they are, and let them be remembered as a perfect slice of '80s awkward disaffection, rather than reform and have them forever associated with the absolute rectal discharge he is today.

Weller would do his Jam songs more justice too, he's still got a bit of edge to him. I think it was Noel Gallagher who said he's turned from an angry young man into an angry old man.

Reminds me of the old quote, when Morrissey was asked what was the best advice he'd been given: backstage, Top of the Pops, Paul Weller said "watch what you're doing with those fucking flowers".