You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Henry: We are going to be focused on winning the Premier League next season

tlw content

Liverpool owner John Henry has signalled a singular focus for the squad heading into the upcoming season.

The Reds got their just rewards for a outstanding campaign when they won their sixth European Cup, however they were pipped to the post by Man City in an exhilarating title race.

The American, who was in London to his Boston Red Sox play the New York Yankees, does not make a habit of headline grabbing statements, however he was happy to shine a light on what he expects to see from the European champions in the 2019/20 campaign.

The Mirror reported the owner as saying:

"To me winning in Europe is bigger than winning in England but I think it's true the fans want it (The Premier League trophy). I know we're going to be focused on winning the Premier League next year."

Henry was tight lipped in regards to further summer signings following the acquisition of young Dutch defender Sepp van den Berg during the week, however he did allude to a trio of players in the current squad that he would like to see more of in the new season.

"We need to get healthy. We need AOC (Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain) back, we need a healthy (Adam) Lallana.

p152760.png

"It's not up to me but I would guess we will see more of Divock (Origi) next year.

"I think he brings something special, he comes with power and speed and brings in scoring.

"I feel really good about next year.

Henry was full of admiration for the way the squad dropped every last bead of sweat for the cause in 2018/9.

"Our guys gave it their all from the first day of the season to the last," he said. "It's a long season, they played up to their capabilities and just gave so much effort.

"It didn't matter who the opponent was, they out-ran every opponent and I felt they deserved to walk away with a trophy.

"We walked away with the biggest one so I'm very happy."

View full article

You have three jobs, John:

1. To shut the fuck up.

2. To ensure the money is there for whoever Jurgen wants.

3. To bring Linda with you whenever you come over, because she’s the Henry we want to see.

And sign Reus!

We will need quality to rotate. I can’t see us being so lucky with injuries next season. 

We we will always have a target on our backs cos of who we are, but it will be bigger next season as we are European champions. 

We cant afford to stand still 

16 hours ago, Anubis said:

You have three jobs, John:

1. To shut the fuck up.

2. To ensure the money is there for whoever Jurgen wants.

3. To bring Linda with you whenever you come over, because she’s the Henry we want to see.

Directive 4: [Classified]_

12 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yes, John. We should focus on the Premier League. Have you considered doing this before or is it a new thought? Like, yes... good idea. Let's do that. 

The most surprising thing is that the manager, players or supporters never thought of this. Pure genius.

So no incoming players, is what you're saying, right John? In which case it's back to our traditional struggle for top four. For with City strengthening what is already a fabulous squad and us , on the other hand, remaining pretty much where we are, the gap will only grow bigger. So, Mr. Henry, if you, as you say, you are indeed determined to win the league with us, what Klopp needs is more money for new signings rather than a lecture on whom to play.