Quantcast
Glastonbury 2019 - Page 4 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Mook

Glastonbury 2019

Recommended Posts

Was surprised when I heard the line-up.

 

I like them & if one of my mates phoned and said they were on the Empire or whatever I would go , but headliners at Glastonbury ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching The Streets. Fucking brilliant. Was never massive into them although Original Pirate Material was a very good album but he is nailing this. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Have absolutely no idea what is going on here but it looks fun.

 

 

 

I was watching that on iPlayer, was great.

 

Shame they had Dave and Little Simz on at the same time, 2 of the best UK rappers at the moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Now watching Jeff Goldblum and the Mildred Snitzel Orchestra from earlier. One cool suave smooth bastard him. 

I purchased his album in a two for £15 deal at HMV. I could literally find nothing else to buy so thought 'fuck it, I want to hear "The Fly's" album' and by golly it's rather good.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I purchased his album in a two for £15 deal at HMV. I could literally find nothing else to buy so thought 'fuck it, I want to hear "The Fly's" album' and by golly it's rather good.

They are boss ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Cure set was absolutely brilliant I thought. Flawless. Agree regards his voice and their sound in general just not having declined at all.

 

Nailed headlining Glastonbury completely with effectively two sets; one for their own fans which was like a concept album in mood, then a crowd-pleasing half hour of more obviously catchy hits at the end for everyone.

 

To see Smith looking momentarily dizzy and emotional as he signed off at the very end there was to see the Glastonbury effect clear as day. Even grizzled old fuckers like him in the game forever tend to look a touch starstruck at the crowd, history and occasion.

 

Very rarely do I watch a set there now and wish I was at the festival, not been in about 15 years, but that was one like Metallica and Springsteen in latter years.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

That Cure set was absolutely brilliant I thought. Flawless. Agree regards his voice and their sound in general just not having declined at all.

 

Nailed headlining Glastonbury completely with effectively two sets; one for their own fans which was like a concept album in mood, then a crowd-pleasing half hour of more obviously catchy hits at the end for everyone.

 

To see Smith looking momentarily dizzy and emotional as he signed off at the very end there was to see the Glastonbury effect clear as day. Even grizzled old fuckers like him in the game forever tend to look a touch starstruck at the crowd, history and occasion.

 

Very rarely do I watch a set there now and wish I was at the festival, not been in about 15 years, but that was one like Metallica and Springsteen in latter years.

Just finishing Marrs set then gonna watch it. The jealousy watching a festival on the TV is horrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Now watching Jeff Goldblum and the Mildred Snitzel Orchestra from earlier. One cool suave smooth bastard him. 

I thought the orchestra were great but wanted to take his hat off him & smash him round the face with it. Stick to Jurassic Park you lanky twat (Goldlbum, not you Stig).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mook said:

The Killers.

 

I think I might be allergic to them.

I watched them on the box at the weekend and I definitely think they gave me shithouse AIDS 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An interview with that Alex kid was on the BBC website today, back at home with his mum. He’s 15. Apparently when the journos rang up to speak to him she said they’d have to wait until later when he’d had a decent kip.

 

Just a great story all round, that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×