You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Glastonbury 2019

Mook

25 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Now watching Jeff Goldblum and the Mildred Snitzel Orchestra from earlier. One cool suave smooth bastard him. 

I purchased his album in a two for £15 deal at HMV. I could literally find nothing else to buy so thought 'fuck it, I want to hear "The Fly's" album' and by golly it's rather good.

2 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I purchased his album in a two for £15 deal at HMV. I could literally find nothing else to buy so thought 'fuck it, I want to hear "The Fly's" album' and by golly it's rather good.

They are boss ! 

That Cure set was absolutely brilliant I thought. Flawless. Agree regards his voice and their sound in general just not having declined at all.

Nailed headlining Glastonbury completely with effectively two sets; one for their own fans which was like a concept album in mood, then a crowd-pleasing half hour of more obviously catchy hits at the end for everyone.

To see Smith looking momentarily dizzy and emotional as he signed off at the very end there was to see the Glastonbury effect clear as day. Even grizzled old fuckers like him in the game forever tend to look a touch starstruck at the crowd, history and occasion.

Very rarely do I watch a set there now and wish I was at the festival, not been in about 15 years, but that was one like Metallica and Springsteen in latter years.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

That Cure set was absolutely brilliant I thought. Flawless. Agree regards his voice and their sound in general just not having declined at all.

Nailed headlining Glastonbury completely with effectively two sets; one for their own fans which was like a concept album in mood, then a crowd-pleasing half hour of more obviously catchy hits at the end for everyone.

To see Smith looking momentarily dizzy and emotional as he signed off at the very end there was to see the Glastonbury effect clear as day. Even grizzled old fuckers like him in the game forever tend to look a touch starstruck at the crowd, history and occasion.

Very rarely do I watch a set there now and wish I was at the festival, not been in about 15 years, but that was one like Metallica and Springsteen in latter years.

Just finishing Marrs set then gonna watch it. The jealousy watching a festival on the TV is horrible. 

9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Now watching Jeff Goldblum and the Mildred Snitzel Orchestra from earlier. One cool suave smooth bastard him. 

I thought the orchestra were great but wanted to take his hat off him & smash him round the face with it. Stick to Jurassic Park you lanky twat (Goldlbum, not you Stig).

An interview with that Alex kid was on the BBC website today, back at home with his mum. He’s 15. Apparently when the journos rang up to speak to him she said they’d have to wait until later when he’d had a decent kip.

Just a great story all round, that.