You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adult programmes you used to watch as a kid

Sugar Ape

4 hours ago, DimReaper said:

Lazarus and Dingwall - does anybody remember that? I remember watching that as a kid and finding it funny. IIRC, it was an Airplane!-style comedy show with those two guys who turned up in the Young Ones in short skits - "Police IQ Shocker", the two guys trying to get into the house party, etc. Pretty sure I've never heard anyone else mention it in my whole life. 

Yes,it was the two who did the " I bet he drinks carling black label" ads  in the 80's,Mark Arden and Stephen Frost aka The Oblivion Boys.

Guest Pistonbroke

The Sweeney.

Till Death us do part.

Dads Army.

Steptoe and Son.

Man about the House

Rising damp

On the Buses.

Are you being served

Monty Python flying circus

Proffessionals

Benny Hill show

Plenty more but I#d be here ages. 

Main one I remember is any time I was around my Nan she used to insist on Murder She Wrote, irrespective of what else was on.

She was the only one ever paying attention, the parents would fuck off and leave us to our fate, we’d all be playing games or whatever, and right before the denouement she’d always say she’d cleverly figured out who it was. It would without fail be someone even the fucking dog knew hadn’t done it.

Then after it was finished she’d sit there for the next couple of hours expressing her bewilderment at how well-concealed the culprit had been, despite everyone else spotting them within minutes out of the corner of their eye.

Hate that fucking programme even now.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Randal and Hopkirk. 

Van der Valk.

Colditz.

Upstairs Downstairs. 

Which was that one set in Wales...The Prisoner? 

27 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

She watched Bergerac as well. 

Stone cold monster.

Bergerac was ace. Very dated now, obviously, but I still watch it occasionally. I love whodunnits but can’t stand Murder She Wrote. A rip-off version of Miss Marple.

24 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Randal and Hopkirk. 

Van der Valk.

Colditz.

Upstairs Downstairs. 

Which was that one set in Wales...The Prisoner? 

Portmerion near Portmadoc I pass it regularly you can stay there if you fancy taking out a 2nd mortgage 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Tj hooker said:

Portmerion near Portmadoc I pass it regularly you can stay there if you fancy taking out a 2nd mortgage 

I visited Portmadoc back in the early 80's. It was quaint but a bit of a shit hole mate. Went drinking in Bagor which was just as bad. That Linda Lusardi bird had her own hairdressers in Portmadoc. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

I visited Portmadoc back in the early 80's. It was quaint but a bit of a shit hole mate. Went drinking in Bagor which was just as bad. That Linda Lusardi bird had her own hairdressers in Portmadoc. 

Absolutely hasn't really improved since then if I didn't have to go there with work I wouldn't go near the place interesting fact about the lovely Linda pal didn't know that 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Tj hooker said:

Absolutely hasn't really improved since then if I didn't have to go there with work I wouldn't go near the place interesting fact about the lovely Linda pal didn't know that 

I went in for a hair cut but she was away on modelling stuff, some ugly fat bird made a mess of my hair. 

4 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Minder 

Boys From The Blackstuff

M*A*S*H

Taxi 

Cheers 

Naked Video 

Alas Smith and Jones

The Comic Strip Presents 

The Singing Detective 

Married With Children

Big Deal

Blackadder

Minder is a good shout, used to love that, and you would occasionally get to see a pair of tits in the earlier series which was always a nice little bonus.