You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adult programmes you used to watch as a kid

Sugar Ape

What programmes did your parents/grandparents watch that remind you of being a kid?

I hated going to my nans of a Sunday and being forced to watch Little house on the Prairie. Fucking hated that programme.

Another one is The Golden Girls. That was some depressing shit right there.

Used to love London’s burning though. Quality Sunday night television. Sledgehammer was the best show though as a kid. Absolute quality.

59DC1FE8-037D-4F50-9E01-00A9F6F95D7C.png

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Band of gold

First thing that came to mind. Sunday night TV and school Monday morning was always depressing as fuck.

Thinking back, you couldn't have picked a more depressing schedule.

Antiques Roadshow

Songs of Praise

Last of the summer wine

Band of Gold

Grim.

Had an auntie who was less strict about what we could watch on tv and while staying with my cousin in the school holidays we were allowed to watch  a film called 'Sardonicus' in the Appointment with Fear series which used to be on Monday nights at 10.30pm after the news. It was proper creepy & unbeknown to us my uncle had sneaked in the back of the living room after coming home from the pub and got on the floor and wriggled under the couch we were sat on. He waited for a scary bit and then grabbed the back of our legs and let out a scream. Have never shit myself so much in my whole life.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Howard's End

Heartbeat

Highway to Heaven

Last of the Summer Wine

The Clothes Show

One night when I wasn't well I came downstairs and my parents were watching The Equaliser though, that was fucking brilliant & is still a really vivid memory.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

First thing that came to mind. Sunday night TV and school Monday morning was always depressing as fuck.

Thinking back, you couldn't have picked a more depressing schedule.

Antiques Roadshow

Songs of Praise

Last of the summer wine

Band of Gold

Grim.

Antiques Roadshow is ace.

There's actually one quite vivid memory I have of watching a show at my granny's that, to this day, I still don't know what it was. It was some schoolgirl - teens - and she was having these weird visions of creepy things like spiders, etc and losing the plot. Can picture parts of it but I've never had a clue what it was. Might have been a film even. 

Lazarus and Dingwall - does anybody remember that? I remember watching that as a kid and finding it funny. IIRC, it was an Airplane!-style comedy show with those two guys who turned up in the Young Ones in short skits - "Police IQ Shocker", the two guys trying to get into the house party, etc. Pretty sure I've never heard anyone else mention it in my whole life.