You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Draft Ideas

Bjornebye

Guest Alex_K

Good suggestions, glad you like the idea - nice to spread their peaks across generations & have more eccentric personalities:

• Bill Shankly [60s / early 70s]
  • Brian Clough [70s / 80s]
  • Leo Beenhakker [80s]
  • Zdeněk Zeman [80s/90s]

• Sven-Göran Eriksson [80s/90s/00s]

• Kenny Dalglish [80s/90s/10s]

• Fabio Cappello [90s/00s]
  • Ottmar Hitzfeld [90s/00s]
  • Marcelo Bielsa [90s/00s/10s]
  • Claudio Ranieri [90s/00s/10s]
  • Sam Allardyce [90s/00s/10s]

Above as an idea that merges names from both previous lists. 8 of the 11 have managed in England; 7 of the 11 have managed abroad. Hopefully its therefore not too niche & retains a pretty deep pool of players to choose from.

Again just a draft list idea so could add / exclude any names if folk see issues with them.

18 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Good suggestions, glad you like the idea - nice to spread their peaks across generations & have more eccentric personalities:

• Leo Beenhakker [80s]
  • Zdeněk Zeman [80s/90s]

Above as an idea that merges names from both previous lists. 8 of the 11 have managed in England; 7 of the 11 have managed abroad. Hopefully its therefore not too niche & retains a pretty deep pool of players to choose from.

Again just a draft list idea so could add / exclude any names if folk see issues with them.

You should just run that one mate after Rapeys ones done. I like that mix. 

6 hours ago, Alex_K said:

• Leo Beenhakker [80s]
  • Zdeněk Zeman [80s/90s]

So you can only pick players from the era picked, so no Derby players under Clough in the 60s for a example

Guest Alex_K
7 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

So you can only pick players from the era picked, so no Derby players under Clough in the 60s for a example

Sorry no, that's my fault for not being clear - I was just referencing the decades in which the managers were at their height to show there is a pretty wide span across generations (for example Forest's 70s sides are captured in the game). There's no limit - you could take a player from Beenhakker's 2006 Trinidad team for example, although you may find more joy taking one from his 1989 Ajax team.

Guest Alex_K
1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

Swap anyone for the fat fucking mess that is Sham and I’m in. 

Anyone not in it who you'd like to see instead? How about one of Jol / Pardew / O'Neil? Very easy

Guest Alex_K

An elegant Scandinavian who founded a vineyard in Italy. Probably as far from Allardyce as you can get. Happy with that if others are

Guest Alex_K

For sure - there is no single archetypal squad list to pull up as there are many squads to choose from, but hopefully that adds a bit more interest as a) there is a really really broad player base to choose from so theoretically 0 research is needed to play and b) there may be some names that pop up who others hadn’t thought of, which always adds a little more curiosity to the game 

Guest Alex_K
12 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

When are you looking to start the next draft? I'm on day shift Monday & Tuesday, followed by nights Wednesday & Thursday. 

Am very easy - thought would wait for conclusion of this one to posit the next 1. Didn't know how many people would actually want to play. Based on replies to this thread so far I guess we have 6 .. 7 if you are down too? I can tag some other folk too. If there's firm interest maybe start Wed or Thurs if that works for you?

15 hours ago, Alex_K said:

Am very easy - thought would wait for conclusion of this one to posit the next 1. Didn't know how many people would actually want to play. Based on replies to this thread so far I guess we have 6 .. 7 if you are down too? I can tag some other folk too. If there's firm interest maybe start Wed or Thurs if that works for you?

I'm good to go whenever - Just getting my excuses in early for delaying the selection thread...

Guest Alex_K
15 minutes ago, Elite said:

Fuck it. I'm in.

Great - glad to hear it. Will set up a formal thread later today to tag more invites