Quantcast
New Draft Ideas - Page 14 - Draft Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

New Draft Ideas

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

Some reasonable players not picked in the end:

 

Doni

Murphy

Meireles

Poulsen

Zenden

Benayoun

Bellamy

 

Suso, Lallana and Shaqiri could all have gone as well but Bellamy was definitely worth a place. 

 

I was going to have him in a front three with Suarez and Bobby. Imagine facing those three, be a fucking nightmare, but went with Litmanen behind in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Only one I had left was Sakho. 

Lucky.... That useless cuntbag would’ve lost you the draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dynamite said:

How do you want your team to lineup? I'll stick it up on footballuser for you.

Managed to do the team but can’t seem to copy and paste it here. Bad technophobe, me.

 

DC01CBAA-703B-4898-ADF0-06E974423877.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

Some reasonable players not picked in the end:

 

Doni

Murphy

Meireles

Poulsen

Zenden

Benayoun

Bellamy

Ronnie Moran - left-back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Paul Walsh. I toyed with picking Walsh (would have played 3 forwards or had him right midfield), but once Ian Callaghan was picked, I always wanted Peter Cormack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

Ronnie Moran - left-back.

I decided pretty early on I wasn't picking players of that vintage (pretty much if they hadn't played for Liverpool in the 80s) so I didn't even bother putting them on a list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

I decided pretty early on I wasn't picking players of that vintage (pretty much if they hadn't played for Liverpool in the 80s) so I didn't even bother putting them on a list. 

I wanted some older players. Phil Neal was my first choice right-back but my second choice, a close second at that, was Chris Lawler. I always wanted Alec Lindsay at left-back and am made up to have got him. His disallowed goal in the 1974 FA Cup Final has always been one of my favourite Liverpool goals. Only mistake I really made was totally forgetting about Gary McAllister. Would have had him instead of Ronnie Whelan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whelan career is incomparably better than McCalister's though. You ended up with the better player there.

 

One elephant in the room who didn't get picked... Super Mario Balotelli. Had a few years where he was a real handful.. Almost single handedly blasting Italy into the 2010 Euros Final against a top  Germany side in the process. Another who had a few years of being a handful was Heskey.. Devolved into a laughing stock but he had a formidable partnership with Owen for a while and had a 20 goal+ season with us alongside 60+ England caps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Whelan career is incomparably better than McCalister's though. You ended up with the better player there.

Yeah, true. Whelan played for Liverpool and won everything multiple times,  whereas McAllister mostly played for Leicester and Leeds and consequently has a far less impressive collection of medals. However, in my opinion, McAllister was the better player. 

 

As a football draft novice, first and foremost, I wanted a team of players that I like. I also wanted a balanced team of really good, reliable players, with no glaring weaknesses. A team that if anything, is greater than the sum of its parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Whelan career is incomparably better than McCalister's though. You ended up with the better player there.

 

One elephant in the room who didn't get picked... Super Mario Balotelli. Had a few years where he was a real handful.. Almost single handedly blasting Italy into the 2010 Euros Final against a top  Germany side in the process. Another who had a few years of being a handful was Heskey.. Devolved into a laughing stock but he had a formidable partnership with Owen for a while and had a 20 goal+ season with us alongside 60+ England caps.

Balotelli can fuck off. 

 

Heskey deserved to be picked. A couple of sides in this should have gone for him over other options. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bjornebye said:

Balotelli can fuck off. 

 

Heskey deserved to be picked. A couple of sides in this should have gone for him over other options. 

Heskey >>> Balotelli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Yeah, true. Whelan played for Liverpool and won everything multiple times,  whereas McAllister mostly played for Leicester and Leeds and consequently has a far less impressive collection of medals. However, in my opinion, McAllister was the better player. 

 

As a football draft novice, first and foremost, I wanted a team of players that I like. I also wanted a balanced team of really good, reliable players, with no glaring weaknesses. A team that if anything, is greater than the sum of its parts.

Collymore? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was so tempted to stick in Gordon Hodgson.

 

I mean, how can one of the club's all-time top goalscorers not make a draft XI?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Collymore? 

Yeah, I liked Collymore the player. Fowler and Collymore were a really good partnership. Peak Rush and Collymore would be similar. Funnily enough (think you picked him), I gave serious consideration to Ian St John, but decided Rush and Collymore would be a better pairing.

 

Anyway, really enjoyed this draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Yeah, I liked Collymore the player. Fowler and Collymore were a really good partnership. Peak Rush and Collymore would be similar. Funnily enough (think you picked him), I gave serious consideration to Ian St John, but decided Rush and Collymore would be a better pairing.

 

Anyway, really enjoyed this draft.

Collymore and Fowler had a 2/3 month spell where they were fucking outrageously good. Such a shame Collymore was an arrogant fucking twat. Could have been a Liverpool great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Alex_K said:

1763313_Chievo_Verona.jpg

 

slight tweak to my formation, if you can please use this on in the aggregate post

I’d go 4-4-2 with Milner at RB with that set of players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×