You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Draft Ideas

Bjornebye

Mental that it took so long for Di Stefano to be picked. Even with the limited footage available, it’s obviously that he is one of the very best players in this draft. I gambled and left picking him to later, thinking people would prefer modern players. Cock-head, me. Lee, you’re a bastard.

12 hours ago, Dynamite said:

I always thought of Kempes as I did Keegan. Both excellent finishers who done most of the defensive pressing for their strike partner, who was usually a bigger target man.

In my opinion, modern(ish) comps would be to ***** and *****.

*Will say after the draft.

7 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Can someone add Raul (Real Madrid 2) for me, please. 

Raul is one of the modern(ish) comps to Kempes. Certainly in his younger days at least.

Guest Alex_K

Yeah - there were a number of players around that time in the top 10-15 all-time transfer fee lists that are just lost to history. Lopez to Lazio at the time was big news.. Bit of a flop there though (as were a number of the big money Serie A moves in the early 00s)

Had to change my planned idea a few times last round or so, loads of spanners in the works. Likely won't win with the picks I'm planning but I should be a decent team. Should have spent more time looking at various non barca/real players and could have got a few of them earlier I think. Last few picks will make or break teams

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Had to change my planned idea a few times last round or so, loads of spanners in the works. Likely won't win with the picks I'm planning but I should be a decent team. Should have spent more time looking at various non barca/real players and could have got a few of them earlier I think. Last few picks will make or break teams

Re. non Barcelona/Real Madrid players, Rijkaard, Ayala and Godin are excellent picks. You did well to get them.