You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Draft Ideas

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

Maybe it's just me but I don't think the keeper situation is particularly dire. 

I think all the good keepers are picked now, unless you want to go back to an era only Stringy will remember which will have its own problems. 

Be interesting to see who the last keeper picked is. I made a quick list of keepers I thought were acceptable and only came up with seven of them. Like Lee though that was just off the top of my head.

8 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

You're probably right and, on performances for Liverpool, I would agree totally, but then it's based on their career. I don't think the worst keeper to be picked will be a complete no-hoper. Though Stig does have a soft spot for Adam Bogdan in drafts so.... 

Oh mate trust me I have a list of the 11 best keepers to have played for us and I will still somehow manage to pick the worst one 

38 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I think all the good keepers are picked now, unless you want to go back to an era only Stringy will remember which will have its own problems. 

Be interesting to see who the last keeper picked is. I made a quick list of keepers I thought were acceptable and only came up with seven of them. Like Lee though that was just off the top of my head.

Same goes for the likes of Billy Liddell, who has been picked. With players like that you just have to go off what your dad, grandad, etc. told you. I definitely wanted Liddell, for his versatility as much as his ability.

4 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Same goes for the likes of Billy Liddell, who has been picked. With players like that you just have to go off what your dad, grandad, etc. told you. I definitely wanted Liddell, for his versatility as much as his ability.

Not really, everyone will have different views on how they can rate players. If you’re going back before the sixties or even to the twenties and thirties like the player I’m thinking of then you can’t moan if people don’t know enough about them to rate them.

Besides which, not everyone is from Liverpool and has parents and grandparents who were brought up supporting us. Each to their own. 

Guest Alex_K

There's been some decent, international class keepers who have played for us. At their best, a number of them were pretty good. Problem is we've had a habit of buying the crackpot ones that, when they make mistakes, the mistakes tend to be catastrophic.

Woe betide whoever ends up with a certain hairless left back 

2 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

There's been some decent, international class keepers who have played for us. At their best, a number of them were pretty good. Problem is we've had a habit of buying the crackpot ones that, when they make mistakes, the mistakes tend to be catastrophic.

Woe betide whoever ends up with a certain hairless left back 

If anyone picks that cunt they are banned from drafts. In-fact the forum. For good

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Not really, everyone will have different views on how they can rate players. If you’re going back before the sixties or even to the twenties and thirties like the player I’m thinking of then you can’t moan if people don’t know enough about them to rate them.

Besides which, not everyone is from Liverpool and has parents and grandparents who were brought up supporting us. Each to their own. 

Fair enough. I certainly wouldn’t moan if people didn’t know enough about one or some of my players to rate them. In my opinion, drafts are just a bit of fun, so getting votes and winning isn’t really that important. The thing is, some people won’t even know enough about the 60s and 70s players to properly rate them. Posters on the FF, not necessarily participants in this draft, have previously said they’ve not even watched the 1965 and 1974 FA Cup Finals.

• Upvote 1

Fair enough. I certainly wouldn’t moan if people didn’t know enough about one or some of my players to rate them. In my opinion, drafts are just a bit of fun, so getting votes and winning isn’t really that important. The thing is, some people won’t even know enough about the 60s and 70s players to properly rate them. Posters on the FF, not necessarily participants in this draft, have previously said they’ve not even watched the 1965 and 1974 FA Cup Finals.

Yeah I used to have all the cup finals on VHS and watch them all the time. I can vividly remember getting home from school when I was about ten and my dad had got the ‘77 cup final against Monchengladbach. I was made up.

Had all the programmes as well from my uncle who went to them all but left them in the loft when I moved out of my mum and dads and they left them there when they sold the house.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sugar Ape said:

Yeah I used to have all the cup finals on VHS and watch them all the time. I can vividly remember getting home from school when I was about ten and my dad had got the ‘77 cup final against Monchengladbach. I was made up.

Had all the programmes as well from my uncle who went to them all but left them in the loft when I moved out of my mum and dads and they left them there when they sold the house.

33 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I loved this series of videos. I had all sorts, not just the Liverpool ones.

C9B7460E-F4AB-42CD-8D0A-322DD32FAAA2.jpeg

Get used to it mate! Your potential picks never last and if you think you have got some gem no one else remembers then forget about it. Everyone else will have them on their list. 

Litmanen feeding Bobby and Suarez is pure sex. What a pain in the arse to play against those two together would be. 

McManaman was going to be my next pick. Second choice was Litmanen. Baaastards!

It's the hope that kills you.

I don't plan I just look at what's been picked and pick someone that's not. Probably why I've only won 1 draft out of about 100.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Elite said:

It's the hope that kills you.

I don't plan I just look at what's been picked and picked someone that's not. Probably why I've only won 1 draft out of about 100.

Kept me up all last night, this. I couldn’t sleep through fear of getting the players I wanted and not having anything to moan about.

• Upvote 1