You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jaws

Bjornebye

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hahaha Hooper the little fucker. Cant believe Ellen though I nearly threw my book across the room. Then considered a wank over her. Did neither. 

260px-Ellen_brody.JPG

The end, that last page wound me up. Did the shark even fucking die? Spielberg managed to make a film far better than the book. Very rare that happens. 

Boss book though. 

Oh yeah he died. Had to re-read the last couple of pages as it was a bit too rushed in what happened.

Died after Quint harpooned it after it breached the ship. Didn’t really explain that too well though.

Shame Ellen didn’t croak it with Hooper though. 

Quint is a great character in both the film and the book. The ending of the film was better but overall the book was great too, got more of a feel for Amity and it’s residents.

5 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Oh yeah he died. Had to re-read the last couple of pages as it was a bit too rushed in what happened.

Died after Quint harpooned it after it breached the ship. Didn’t really explain that too well though.

Shame Ellen didn’t croak it with Hooper though. 

Quint is a great character in both the film and the book. The ending of the film was better but overall the book was great too, got more of a feel for Amity and it’s residents.

Yeah I know it died like but it wasn't fully clear at first read. 

I know what you mean about Amity but it defo but a seedy slant on the place. The Amity in the film looks like a nice enough place. No fucking way would you go to the Amity in the book. More sharks on the island than in the sea! 

correct me if i'm wrong as i haven't read it for about 30 years, but isn't there a part where she is half fantasising about being in a car crash whilst being up to no good, and her worry is that she will be found with her gap "yawning open" ?   

22 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

correct me if i'm wrong as i haven't read it for about 30 years, but isn't there a part where she is half fantasising about being in a car crash whilst being up to no good, and her worry is that she will be found with her gap "yawning open" ?   

Haha yes. 

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Scheider turned down Jaws 2 but finally agreed to it because he wanted to get out of his contract with Universal. He agreed to a four movie deal and Jaws was the second. He then signed up to The Deer Hunter but pulled out after script changes. He was told if he agreed to Jaws 2 it would count as the two outstanding movies and could leave his contract early, which he did.

Jaws 3 was okay watching it as a kid, but seeing it again years down the line exposes how crap it was.

Jaws 4 was a fucking abomination.

Went to see Jaws when it first came out when I was 12.

I had a brand new pair of beige Birmo's ( I know, but trendy as fuck at the time) wrecked by the woman with a ciggy sat next to me at that bit where Hooper is diving and investigating the boat and the head comes through the hole in the hull.

Ciggy burn just above the knee burned through them. You can still just about see the scar 47 years later.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Harry's Lad said:

Went to see that when it first came out when I was 12.

I had a brand new pair of beige Birmo's ( I know, but trendy as fuck at the time) wrecked by the woman with a ciggy sat next to me at that bit where Hooper is diving and investigating the boat and the head comes through the hole in the hull.

Ciggy burn just above the knee burned through them. You can still just about see the scar 47 years later.

That scene scared me shitless too.

3 hours ago, Furmedge said:

Scheider turned down Jaws 2 but finally agreed to it because he wanted to get out of his contract with Universal. He agreed to a four movie deal and Jaws was the second. He then signed up to The Deer Hunter but pulled out after script changes. He was told if he agreed to Jaws 2 it would count as the two outstanding movies and could leave his contract early, which he did.

Jaws 3 was okay watching it as a kid, but seeing it again years down the line exposes how crap it was.

Jaws 4 was a fucking abomination.

That’s probably in here…