Sign in to follow this  
Butch

Most satisfying league win 18/19.

Guest Pistonbroke

Has to be the dramatic finish to the game V our neighbours. It set us up for a run of results and basically kicked those gobshytes in the bollocks. Thanks T-Rex arms. 

It's a tough one because Id like to say 2, the everton and united wins. By no means the best game footballing wise but the sheer joy with Origi's last gasp winner against everton just has to be the one for me.

They thought they had got the draw and all the stadium thought the same too. But then big Virgil's ballooned ball into the box, Pickford messing up big time while Divock just went for the kill, absolutely amazing, laughable and 'yeah, fuck you' all in about 3 seconds was just unbelievably satisfying.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

It's a tough one because Id like to say 2, the everton and united wins. By no means the best game footballing wise but the sheer joy with Origi's last gasp winner against everton just has to be the one for me.

They thought they had got the draw and all the stadium thought the same too. But then big Virgil's ballooned ball into the box, Pickford messing up big time while Divock just went for the kill, absolutely amazing, laughable and 'yeah, fuck you' all in about 3 seconds was just unbelievably satisfying.

Definitely the Everton one but the obvious one too. So many to choose from, it's been a season of great results and the team work astonishing. 

Hard as nails this team. 

West Ham opening day....simply because it was my little lads first time at the match and it meant the world to him to see us win...a memory he will have forever, we all remember our first match forever don't we!!

• Upvote 3

Beating Everton the way we did was great but we didn't play well at all. It was just funny. 

Spurs away. Early in the season and set down a big fucking statement beating them. Outplayed them as well apart from the nervy last 10 minutes. 

Both Spurs at Anfield and Newcastle away moved me to tears with the late goals. I genuinely thought we were going to win the league at full time in both games but the way the players kept on going to the end really, really got to me. 

• Upvote 3

On 18/06/2019 at 19:12, Tony Moanero said:

Sadly, they all count for nothing. 

Bollocks.

30 great weekends in the course of 9 months. If you can't enjoy that you need help.

8 hours ago, Ben Sherman said:

For me, it will always be United. 

Singing "Don't sack Mourinho" and then "Wonderful Christmas Time" after the final whistle. 

That was hugely enjoyable. 

13 hours ago, an tha said:

West Ham opening day....simply because it was my little lads first time at the match and it meant the world to him to see us win...a memory he will have forever, we all remember our first match forever don't we!!

2-0 vs Tottenham. Ian Rush and David Speedie. Couldn’t believe how big Erik Thorsvedt was. Swearing. What a day.

12 hours ago, Agt Provocateur said:

Both Spurs at Anfield and Newcastle away moved me to tears with the late goals. I genuinely thought we were going to win the league at full time in both games but the way the players kept on going to the end really, really got to me. 

I cried at the Newcastle winner. Just stood up from the sofa and a few fist pumps; then suddenly a wave of emotion and my face is getting moist.

I only went to 3 matches; first game vs West Ham, last game vs Wolves and the Derby.

west ham was a nice opener; a performance that set us off to a great start, but it was an expected victory.

wolves is all a bit of a blur, to be honest. 

And tye derby, well, er, i was just passing the cabbage hall on the way to the car when we scored.

so I’m not picking any of those.

i feel like I have to pick a nervy one, where the lads came through when my arse had gone, when they had the ball that I didn’t, and I think it’s probably Southampton that sums that up better than most.

• Upvote 1