You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you think we should have a 2nd referendum on Brexit?

Bjornebye

Would you back a 2nd referendum?   

48 members have voted

1. 1. Would you back a 2nd referendum?

If there's another ref think Remain will win comfortably 

Even my dad has changed his mind and says he'll vote Remain

Brexit was always a Tory project and has become even more lunatic as time progresses. 

With some decent leadership we can fuck Brexit off for good.

1 minute ago, mattyq said:

Brexit was always a Tory project and has become even more lunatic as time progresses. 

This is where Corbyn missed a trick. He should have gone for the jugular 7/8 weeks ago when May was getting the tories some heavy twattings in the commons. 

17 hours ago, Boss said:

I'd say the vast majority of the people interviewed in the aftermath of the referendum (that were open about voting leave) used either sovereignty or immigration as the principle reason for doing so. It's impossible to control immigration within the single market because it's prerequisite is free movement of people. It's impossible to have full control over our laws when our tariffs and regulations (for all kinds of things) are decided by the EU. This is just common sense.

So whether they connected the dots or not is irrelevant. They voted for what would now be deemed a hard Brexit. 

It's not irrelevant. Outcomes were clear on Remain and far from it for those voting leave which 3 years on we need to have a second referendum.

10 hours ago, mattyq said:

I think remain would win by a small margin, and then all the Brexiteers would constantly complain for the foreseeable future, and Farage would continue to rise etc.

The only way you could realistically call another referendum now is if you were confident Remain would win by at least a two thirds share of the vote, which it won't. 

10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

This is where Corbyn missed a trick. He should have gone for the jugular 7/8 weeks ago when May was getting the tories some heavy twattings in the commons. 

If he came out heavily in favour or remain Labour would lose millions of voters and make it easy for the tories to paint him as the brexit blocking villain. 

Unlike some of the smaller parties that have no hope of ever winning an election, Labour realise that they need both leave and remain voters to vote for them. If they can appeal to more of these voters than the Torys can, they are more likely to win an election.

See Peterborough by-election as an example.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

On 18/06/2019 at 07:06, RedKnight said:

The irony of someone having a Springsteen avatar and name and espousing views like that.

I know.

Demeaning the image/moniker of a filthy rich, privileged American rock star like that.

Deplorable.

He is a fantastic lyricist and singer, mind.  Springsteen I mean, not Boss.