You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you think we should have a 2nd referendum on Brexit?

Bjornebye

Would you back a 2nd referendum?   

48 members have voted

1. 1. Would you back a 2nd referendum?

2 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I never quite got my head around as to how “Social Justice Warrior” is an insult. It has positive connotations to me.

I can't take anyone seriously that chooses to use it. Sounds like it was made up by some mid 30s bloke on 4chan who's into wrestling but has yet to touch bare tit. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, House of Dirk said:

Civil unrest potential exists now with the current situation and if we are left to drift out on a no deal ticket. 

There soon would be once basic goods run out and the old tanned expats return home from the Costas

• Like 1

Although I'd take a second referendum over no deal I've voted No because what I actually want is revocation of Article 50.

I want politicians of all shades to grow a moral backbone and come together to admit: the organisation and running of the referendum was not of the necessary standard, we gave you a poor choice with minimal or distorted information, you were lied to, we fucked up, and in acknowledgement of those who voted leave we'll make it law to do it all again in 12 years, but this time properly, and legally binding. 

8 minutes ago, Boss said:

Controlling our borders would mean having control over who enters in the first place, not repatriating peoples that have already arrived.

You already have that control ,everyone does ,its kinda why the shanty town exists in Calais And you don't get many micro biologists or even english people wanting to pick fruit btw so whether you like it or not you lot need the unskilled migrants before your strawberries quadruple in [rice

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

You already have that control ,everyone does ,its kinda why the shanty town exists in Calais And you don't get many micro biologists or even english people wanting to pick fruit btw so whether you like it or not you lot need the unskilled migrants before your strawberries quadruple in [rice

And there you have it. We have full control over our borders. Facts don't matter. Enjoy your delusion folks. I'm out of here.

Loads of non-eu citizens don’t need a visa to enter the UK e.g., Australians, Malaysians, Japanese. The UK also isn’t part of Schengen. Immigration control is much more complex than you seem to think @Boss. It goes beyond just checking if you have the right permit to enter the county.

2 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Loads of non-eu citizens don’t need a visa to enter the UK e.g., Australians, Malaysians, Japanese. The UK also isn’t part of Schengen. Border control is much more complex than you seem to think @Boss. It goes beyond just checking if you have the right permit to enter the county.

Irish people don't even need passports to enter the UK ,hell we can just walk across it . Some villages are both in Ireland & the UK sure...as for mainland UK , a drivers license suffices

10 minutes ago, Gav said:

Irish people don't even need passports to enter the UK ,hell we can just walk across it . Some villages are both in Ireland & the UK sure...as for mainland UK , a drivers license suffices

That works both ways and precedes the EU.

45 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Yes, but we're not reverting to that if we leave the EU.

Dead fucking right ..don't want any of them Brexit refugees coming over here taking all our milk and bread and robbing fruit picking jobs from EU citizens

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Moo said:

Although I'd take a second referendum over no deal I've voted No because what I actually want is revocation of Article 50.

I want politicians of all shades to grow a moral backbone and come together to admit: the organisation and running of the referendum was not of the necessary standard, we gave you a poor choice with minimal or distorted information, you were lied to, we fucked up, and in acknowledgement of those who voted leave we'll make it law to do it all again in 12 years, but this time properly, and legally binding. 

You'll be waiting 10 life-times for anything close to that 

11 hours ago, Gav said:

There soon would be once basic goods run out and the old tanned expats return home from the Costas

Absolutely mate. But the current impasse where the extension time which Tusk urged not to be wasted, is being wasted. Leave MP's and people like Fartage will crow about democracy, will of the people and the loss of trust in politicians and process.  Democracy and trust in the process is already lost and will lose further regardless of the route taken. The will fo the people thing is just absolute bollocks.

10 hours ago, Duff Man said:

Yes, but we're not reverting to that if we leave the EU.

I was referring to the free common travel area agreement, that is in place since the 1920s and will continue regardless of the outcome, the agreement is already signed. My point was the free for all was agreed to well before the EU was even dreamt off and is another fact that Britain does have control of how it wants to control it's boarders.

Guest Pistonbroke

If a No deal Brexit actually happens then just replace European immigration with immigration from whatever countries you might get a deal with. Immigration will always be part of a strong economy in the modern World we live in. 

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

If a No deal Brexit actually happens then just replace European immigration with immigration from whatever countries you might get a deal with. Immigration will always be part of a strong economy in the modern World we live in. 

If No Deal happens, I give it a month before we're signing May's deal before going back in later down the line, on even worse terms. The population just isn't geared up to see their lifestyles crash and burn.

11 hours ago, viRdjil said:

I never quite got my head around as to how “Social Justice Warrior” is an insult. It has positive connotations to me.

That's because you didn't listen the last time people explained it to you. It has as much to do with social justice as it does being a warrior. It happens with terms. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, skend04 said:

If No Deal happens, I give it a month before we're signing May's deal before going back in later down the line, on even worse terms. The population just isn't geared up to see their lifestyles crash and burn.

I honestly still believe Brexit won't happen, especially without a deal of some sorts. Leaving the EU won't solve the problems the UK have which have mostly been caused by your own Governments throughout the past decades. 

People banging on about controlling your own borders are pathetic. You've always been able to do that, or do they think people from the EU can wander in without being checked. Illegal immigrants will always find ways in, far too many people willing to help them at the right price, plus it is impossible to control it all due to the manpower and costs.  

Yes, but it would be doomed to return a Leave vote if it is seen as something imposed by the political class in order to overturn "the will of the people". The "Centrists" shouting loudest for a second referendum don't realise that they are part of the problem that led to the Brexit vote in the first place.