You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

European Championship Draft - Final Table - Voting

Bjornebye

Vote for your two best sides  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your two best sides

Guest Alex_K

@MegadriveMan you are the worst tactical voter ever. Has there even been a draft (including the finals) where you haven't voted last / not voted at all unless prompted AND haven't voted for anyone competitive with you in the standings where appropriate? Bad form.

Anyway - this was a hard one. Lots of merit to all teams. 3 Stacks has the best defence in Draft History - he should win by merit of that. Shearer in for Owen and it would be a landslide.

26 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

@MegadriveMan you are the worst tactical voter ever. Has there even been a draft (including the finals) where you haven't voted last / not voted at all unless prompted AND haven't voted for anyone competitive with you in the standings where appropriate? Bad form.

Anyway - this was a hard one. Lots of merit to all teams. 3 Stacks has the best defence in Draft History - he should win by merit of that. Shearer in for Owen and it would be a landslide.

Varane is a good centre back but not world class IMO. Not close to the likes of Vidic, Ferdinand, Nesta, Cannavaro. I’d take both of your centre halfs over Varane.

Brehme was a bit before my time.

My mum went in to hospital on Sunday night so this is the first chance I have had to look at the final?

I find it a bit weird that you seem to know more about my voting history than I do, but it if it bothers you that much, remind me and I will vote first next time? I had no idea who was where when I voted. 

10 hours ago, Alex_K said:

@MegadriveMan

He'd have pissed it only for having Owen playing as s lone striker, I was never convinced with Rui Costa either but otherwise pretty flawless team.

I've gone for MegadriveMan and viRdjil

John - As has been said, Mijatovic has let him down. Sterling is a good albeit unpopular pick. No-one can deny he has been boss the last few seasons. Very solid midfield, wing-backs and defence. Not sure about the keeper. Didn't know much about him and had to look him up. 

MegadriveMan - Really good side player for player. The thought of a C Ronaldo and Lewandowski front two with Bergkamp feeding them is pure sex. Lovely midfield 3. Not sure you will get much width although Ronaldo can and does draft wide a lot. Terry was a great CB. Best keeper in the draft as well. 

viRdjil - Rose is a bloody awful pick. If you had a better LB then you have the best side in the draft. Great balance. Henry and Ibrahimovic is goal heaven. That midfield 4 is world class. 

Rapey - Completely let himself down on the right hand side. I rate Coleman but not at the level of the majority of players in this draft. Turn wasn't that good either in comparison. They both have places in certain drafts but not this one IMO. Gerrard, Gullet, Torres and Hazard in the same side is danger for anyone though. Bastard of a centre half pairing. 

Elite - Badly let yourself down with Given and Berbatov. Also a huge lack of width in this side. Other than that, on paper the rest of the players picked have a place in most sides in the draft. Badly wanted Van hasten from the off. 

Stig - I disagree with what people have said about Matthaus having too much to do in the middle. With Iniesta deeper the pair of them could hold the ball as well as any midfielders ever. I probably should have moved Iniesta back a bit. The front 4 are as good as anyone else attack in this draft. Larsson was a guarantee of goals. Popescu was a brilliant CB, you don't captain Barca if you are shit. Coentrao played LB for Real madd so clearly wasn't shit but will admit to him being my weak link. 

3 Stacks - Was so close to picking this side. What has let it down is Ramos at RB and I honestly don't rate Davids as highly as most do. He was good yes but not great. This would be a very very tough side to beat. That attack is excellent. Loving Baresi and Brehme as well. 

Alex_K - Another excellent side let down by slight details. I'd switch Hagi and Zidane around. Also I'm not too sure about Villa in his position. The attacking right side was difficult in this draft as there weren't many decent ones to choose from. Ashley Cole is a very good pick. Shame about the keeper. 

Has everyone voted? Commanding win for @MegadriveMan regardless I expect. Thats a few you have won now well done lad. 

Had an idea for a Premier League all-time one. We did a similar one a few years ago which was boss. 

Have to have played in the premier league since it began 

1 player per club 

If a player has played for multiple clubs e.g.; Anelka , you can't pick another player who has played for Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, WBA or Bolton. 

Harder than it sounds 

Thoughts? 

@MegadriveMan @Sugar Ape @lifetime fan @DimReaper @viRdjil @John102 @3 Stacks @Alex_K @Elite 

I don't know about "harder than it sounds" because it sounds pretty damn hard to me regardless... I mean, using the Anelka example, it would pretty much render him unpickable if you had to eliminate all those teams. I actually think it might be a little bit too hard. And I'm all for hard (oooo errrrr, etc). 

24 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

I don't know about "harder than it sounds" because it sounds pretty damn hard to me regardless... I mean, using the Anelka example, it would pretty much render him unpickable if you had to eliminate all those teams. I actually think it might be a little bit too hard. And I'm all for hard (oooo errrrr, etc). 

Hard is good ....... In My Ass 

46 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

What if when you pick someone from a particular team, the player is to be measured/judged based on his performances for that particular team? 

Nah based on his career peak. Far too subjective otherwise. 

Not for me either. Can’t be arsed doing all these shit ones where you have to struggle deciding between Paolo Wanchope and Juan Pablo Angel. They’re fucking boring. 

I had an idea for one before. It might need refining a bit but something along the lines of a generational draft. 

So you need one played who is aged between. 20-25years old. One aged between 25-30 Then go up like that. 30-35. 35-40. 2 x 40-45. 45-50. 2 x 50-55. 55-60. 60-65. 

You consider the players in their prime. No restrictions on nationality or anything like that, only restriction is the age. 

So for example Ruud Gullit is 56 so he’d take your 55-60 spot. Robbie Fowler is 44 so he’d take one of your 40-45 spots. 

Should get a good mix of players and each team with have a player or two in his peak in different generations, early 90s, late 90s, mid 80s etc...