You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Famous people who are probably sound

Section_31

16 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Think I put this in the Granddads thread but found out last year my grandad was on first name terms with him and said he was class.

My grandad was a railway guard and they used to have their own office on the train (basically a cage with luggage in and a kettle) and he used to come and sit with him on the train to London for some peace and quiet where they'd talk about racing and generally put the world to rights.

Whenever I've seen him interviewed he seems pretty self deprecating too, he genuinely didn't seem to think he was a good actor. 

Absolute icon in my view and by far my favourite Bond.

I'm sure he was a great fella, but I bet it pissed your grandad off when some bodybuilder Russian/German who couldn't feel pain burst into the carriage every second day to start a prolonged fistfight with Moore that didn't leave either of  them bleeding.

• Upvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke

I always found Patrick Stewart was a good egg. Bruce Willis is supposed to be sound. I've not met many celebrities in real life, Mark Knopfler is one that springs to mind and he was down to earth and a good guy. Jimmy Nail was another, but he basically came up to a table we were all sat at in Newcastle with a bucket in his hand collecting for charity. He said 'Stick some money in or you're all in trouble.' 

22 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I always found Patrick Stewart was a good egg. Bruce Willis is supposed to be sound. I've not met many celebrities in real life, Mark Knopfler is one that springs to mind and he was down to earth and a good guy. Jimmy Nail was another, but he basically came up to a table we were all sat at in Newcastle with a bucket in his hand collecting for charity. He said 'Stick some money in or you're all in trouble.' 

I bet he put a few quid in himself; he's a big Spender.

• Upvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I bet he put a few quid in himself; he's a big Spender.

Not sure what he is like these days, but when he became famous for his role in Auf Wiedersehen Pet he did loads of work for Charities in and around the Newcastle area.  

2 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Excuse me of the forbidden but I reckon Andy Robbo and James Milner would be nice guys

I mentioned on the dark side that Hendo can be seen saying "Thank you very much " to the bloke who's presenting him with Big Ears.

Well brought up, that lad.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Remmie said:

The Yorkshire ripper

On 30/08/2016 at 01:48, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

My Mum earlier said that she'd always thought Peter Sutcliffe sounded like he was quite a gentle man.

She then indignantly tried to defend that viewpoint for some time.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Always thought that Richard Whiteley must be at least half alright, given someone else gave him the nickname ‘Twice Nightly Whiteley” and he said on tv “More like “Twice Yearly Nearly.”

His ties were atrocious though. My Dad always used to piss himself laughing because every day Whiteley would somehow manage to have a worse tie on than the day before. 

He also probably would have told Rachel Riley to shut her fucking mouth.