You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Famous people who are probably sound

Section_31

38 minutes ago, Elite said:

Not sure about him. Every time I watch Have I Got News For You he never laughs at other people's jokes, borderline narcassist.

To be fair you know something is funny when he actually does laugh. He doesn't laugh at his own jokes which is great. 

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Think I put this in the Granddads thread but found out last year my grandad was on first name terms with him and said he was class.

My grandad was a railway guard and they used to have their own office on the train (basically a cage with luggage in and a kettle) and he used to come and sit with him on the train to London for some peace and quiet where they'd talk about racing and generally put the world to rights.

Whenever I've seen him interviewed he seems pretty self deprecating too, he genuinely didn't seem to think he was a good actor. 

Absolute icon in my view and by far my favourite Bond.

Was lucky enough to go to the Liverpool Empire to see him in conversation with his biographer. 

He basically said he became an actor to shag women because the men in his drama class were all Gay and all the women were fit. 

He realised he could make a living out of it, said he was lucky because it's not a hard job and never understood why actors become such uber twats staying in their trailers or making everyone wait. Just be professional, turn up, say your lines, go home, end of. 

Audrey Hepburn introduced him to Unicef and he carried on being an ambassador years after she died. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Heard a story of an actor who phoned to confirm his place on a plane before getting to the airport and the person answering the call recognized his voice. However rather than just saying he had a seat the person asked for his name and indeed he said Mr Freeman in his rather unique voice. To which the person said I did think so, your seat is confirmed and asked if he wanted to upgrade to first class and be guided through to their seat. He said he'd rather stick with his ticket and not get any special treatment.

Morgan Freeman sounds like he might be a little bit OK.

Wasn't there a scandal about him being a bit of a sex pest?

15 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Wasn't there a scandal about him being a bit of a sex pest?

Looks like there were accusations including by his step-granddaughter. He publicly apologized after the accusations were made and from what I can tell it didn't go any further. 

So I'm now not sure if he belongs in this thread or the other one.

18 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Ian Thorpe looks like he’d be a good bloke. 

Anthony Bourdain would’ve been great fun to go for a couple of pints with.

Rick Stein seems like a nice old fella.

Definitely. 

Not sure you’d class him as a celebrity but had a night on the piss with Richard Corrigan. 

Top bloke, very, very funny and I thought I could drink! 

Gary Lineker - met him in a bar once, seemed nice enough.

Clarke Peters - saw him in Othello at the Sheffield Crucible a few years back (opposite Dominic West - Lester and McNulty, hell yeah!). Saw him in a local cafe, nodded, got a nod back. Sound.