You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Famous people who are probably sound

Section_31

2 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Keanu Reeves is the one that springs to mind. Only ever hear good things about the man.

Robert Downey Jr also.

Not sure about Downy Jnr.  I reckon he'd alright if he's in a good mood but if things stray from his script he'd be an uber cunt.

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Not sure about Downy Jnr.  I reckon he'd alright if he's in a good mood but if things stray from his script he'd be an uber cunt.

I can imagine being a proper arrogant cunt.

Simon Pegg would be sound as would Bob Mortimer.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Roger Moore. 

Think I put this in the Granddads thread but found out last year my grandad was on first name terms with him and said he was class.

My grandad was a railway guard and they used to have their own office on the train (basically a cage with luggage in and a kettle) and he used to come and sit with him on the train to London for some peace and quiet where they'd talk about racing and generally put the world to rights.

Whenever I've seen him interviewed he seems pretty self deprecating too, he genuinely didn't seem to think he was a good actor. 

Absolute icon in my view and by far my favourite Bond.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

Brian Johnson from AC/DC always comes across as one of the nicest people you could wish to meet.

Some friends of mine were involved in covers bands and were doing a gig at Newcastle City Hall which was all cover bands and included an AC/DC cover band.

Brian Johnson was on a reunion tour with Geordie and playing in Newcastle the same night. He came down to the City Hall the night of the gig and brought loads of drink for everyone and actually apologised for playing the same night and that if he'd known he would have switched nights so it didn't clash. Spent quite a few hours with everyone and was totally sound. 

7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Think I put this in the Granddads thread but found out last year my grandad was on first name terms with him and said he was class.

My grandad was a railway guard and they used to have their own office on the train (basically a cage with luggage in and a kettle) and he used to come and sit with him on the train to London for some peace and quiet where they'd talk about racing and generally put the world to rights.

Whenever I've seen him interviewed he seems pretty self deprecating too, he genuinely didn't seem to think he was a good actor. 

I am sure I read something where they interviewed him and asked him what his acting technique was and he said something along the lines of "deciding whether to raise the right eyebrow or left eyebrow"

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

When I first started watching Bond films he was the Bond at the time.

i wouldn’t want to be famous, and especially in this day and age with every cunt and their mobile phone about.