You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What was the moment you knew we had number 6 coming?

Bjornebye

Div's goal in the final. Until (very) recently I'd have been shitting it up until the final whistle, or at least until the number of seconds left were physically impossible for them to score, kick off, get it down the pitch and score again but (and it it's a very recent development) had belief that this team wouldn't shit the bed from there. At 1-0 you're just a piece of shite luck away from it being level no matter how good you are.

• Upvote 1

Seeing Salah eye up the penno. Soon as that went in I knew it was ours to lose. Both sides we're ring-rusty on the night.

It's weird, but I had an inkling we'd turn Barca over at home. Knowing we'd give them a game like no other and their mislaid faith in just needing one goal is so utterly against their ethos. I'm not saying they played within themselves as such, they just set their sights a lot lower than we did, and we had to go out all guns blazing.

Also, I was hoping we wouldn't get Ajax in the final as they're an unknown quantity. Spurs we could handle in the context of Kiev, but Ajax could have surprised us. 

When the ball dribbled out for a goal kick after the 93rd minute. I’m in my late forties so while that means I was lucky enough to enjoy the entirety of the 1980s as a fan with all the success that brought. It also means I’ve suffered every moment of the crushing pain of consistent failure since then. If Spurs had scored with a minute to go, I’d have shat myself that they'd get another. So when that ball went out for a Spurs goal kick with about 30 seconds to go, only then, (and still with a tiny back of the head bit of worry) did I think to myself that we were European Champions.  

I cant get my head around “knowing we had it won” half way through a a game that wasn’t even the final. Seems alien to me. 

• Upvote 1

When Salah's penalty went in in the final

No way was big Virg and the defence going to let Spurs score after the season we've had - and Spurs pushing for a goal just meant we were more likely to get another

Still plenty of time for nerves like...