You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What was the moment you knew we had number 6 coming?

Bjornebye

When I saw that Kane was starting.  I knew their talisman would be well off the pace.  And that we had 11 talismans on the pitch.  Never really had any doubts, but Origi scoring was the moment the celebrations started for real in my household.

I didn't get up for the second leg against Barca, as I was shagged from all the late night/early morning games I'd been watching in previous weeks - and frankly I didn't think we could do it.

I was woken up to news of the result - and I knew we'd won our Final there and then.

(The prospect of playing Tottenham in the actual final annoyed me, but I simply didn't think they were good enough to beat us - much as the possibility of them doing so was terrifying.)

I was glad of the 2nd goal as it allowed us all to properly celebrate. Up to that I was a nervous wreck and quite frankly a little pissed off at our inability to string more than 3 passes together. 

But that goal, my word the relief. Felt like hulk Hogan dancing to I am a real American and giving it to the crowd with the hand to the ear.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jennings said:

With 30 seconds to go in the final!!

My mate said...."no way they can score 2 in 30 seconds."

He was right.

Just as well they didn't give Harry Kane any second chances, eh?

And there's that endorphin rush again.

10 hours ago, KMD7 said:

I'll be honest, I didn't 100% believe it until Div made it 2-0 in the final. Too many crushing disappointments the previous few seasons and part of me was afraid that we had peaked against Barca. 

Yep once that second one went in I knew! Mr Suzy said ‘it’s not over yet’ but I said ‘oh it is’ and started celebrating.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

The feeling of relief mixed with joy has been like drugs hitting the bloodstream.

That nearly men tag finally being killed off shed a weight which even someone like Klopp may have been overwhelmed by eventually.

Thank fuck we don’t have to face any prospect of that continuing.

For me that came a couple of hours afterwards. The one thing that was actually getting to me was Klopp being labelled Jurgen Flopp, and the team being labelled losers, by bellends who were nowhere near getting close to the number of finals the boys have in the last few years.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, KMD7 said:

I'll be honest, I didn't 100% believe it until Div made it 2-0 in the final. Too many crushing disappointments the previous few seasons and part of me was afraid that we had peaked against Barca. 

KMD7 knows.

Guest Pistonbroke
18 hours ago, KMD7 said:

This, although I was extremely confident about the final and even more so after the quick start we had. 

It still hasn't properly sunk in. Ive felt this joy, I felt it at the final whistle and at the parade. I've felt it before. I felt it when Sturridge equalised against Chelsea in the winter. Yeah, happy, made-up , but it hasn't fully hit me yet. I' sure i'll be having a shit or cooking tea or something and I'll just break down like a lunatic. 

I hope its not on the bog. 

When Spurs got that last second winner against Ajax, I was terrified that their name was on the trophy. I was convinced it was us in 05 or Chelsea in 2012 all over again. The three weeks off between the last league game and Final didn't help either.

When I saw the Spurs starting line up I was shocked that he had got Kane and Winks in the team after an injury lay off and no Lucas Moura! I'd been drinking since one o'clock and I remember checking the spurs lineup four times on two different apps on my phone thinking that I must have got it wrong, surely they haven't dropped Lucas Moura?

I felt a bit more confident at that point, but then weirdly less confident when we scored the early penalty, as all I could think was if we don't go on and win this now, this could destroy this team. I threw up at half time due to a combination of nerves and alcohol and I didn't feel confident until we got the late second goal.

I've seen a few people say this, but it really was relief more than joy this time for me. I was so worried that Klopp would never win anything and sick of seeing rival fans, especially United ones going on about it also.

What makes it even better is that we are back on top of our perch and United are dead in the bottom of the cage. Long may it continue.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3