You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What was the moment you knew we had number 6 coming?

Bjornebye

Just watched our road to the final again and highlights from Bayern away and both Barca games. And the final again. 

For me it was Wijnaldums first goal to make it 2 nil against Barca at home. Barca already couldn't cope and they were getting swallowed by the atmosphere. That one hit them right between the heart. That was the moment for me. I lost all sense of normality then all of a sudden it was 3. But I already knew. This club is something special. Everything about us just screams 'no-one is fucking beating us when we are in this mood' and I'm not just talking about the players. Even walking up to the ground, 3 nil deficit against Barca to overcome and the air was electric. 

We also don't talk abut Bayern away enough. What a fucking performance. 

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, KMD7 said:

I'll be honest, I didn't 100% believe it until Div made it 2-0 in the final. Too many crushing disappointments the previous few seasons and part of me was afraid that we had peaked against Barca. 

Yep - obvious answer but true

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

I'll be honest, I didn't 100% believe it until Div made it 2-0 in the final. Too many crushing disappointments the previous few seasons and part of me was afraid that we had peaked against Barca. 

That was the moment I knew we were going to win it for sure. I cried with relief and then danced and shouted, what a beautiful feeling. 

So happy for the team especially after what happened last year. Then got bladdered. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Have to agree with this.

The game I've gone back to watch the highlights more than anything is the Barca 2nd leg.  The game was unreal.

I was nervous as fuck in the run up and couldn't bring myself to say we will win it but deep down I knew. Fuck me I wouldn't even slag a Spurs player off just incase. I got asked about them starting Kane and just couldn't really think about it. But still, no way we were losing that. 

14 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

I didn't even cheer for his goal. A smile just bubbled up from somewhere deep inside. Free at last.

• Upvote 3

Same moment as Stig.

I lost my phone when Gini got that first one. Had no idea where it was after at all.

Got passed back to me from 6 or 7 rows down after his second, so evidently I’d just lobbed it away as I threw my arms up and then went mad. 

Heart of hearts, it was always happening after we pulled them back to there from where we had been.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Just watched our road to the final again and highlights from Bayern away and both Barca games. And the final again. 

For me it was Wijnaldums first goal to make it 2 nil against Barca at home. Barca already couldn't cope and they were getting swallowed by the atmosphere. That one hit them right between the heart. That was the moment for me. I lost all sense of normality then all of a sudden it was 3. But I already knew. This club is something special. Everything about us just screams 'no-one is fucking beating us when we are in this mood' and I'm not just talking about the players. Even walking up to the ground, 3 nil deficit against Barca to overcome and the air was electric. 

We also don't talk abut Bayern away enough. What a fucking performance. 

When Schevchenko missed his penalty and Liverpool won number 5.

Big Div's goal. The sense of relief I got was like nothing I've ever experienced with football. I finally allowed myself to believe and cried and sang at the same time. The pub I was in thought I had snapped. I guess I did in some way. 

I'm fuckin shite.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, Origi's goal. Was shitting myself up to that point waiting for what seemed like an inevitable equalizer. Cheered like a bastard when he scored and made an arse of myself in the pub. Was great watching the game after that.

1 hour ago, deiseach said:

Whatever about when I thought they had it won, two weeks on and I'm still as high as a kite. I only have to think of it and...ah, get a load of those endorphins. 

It has surprised me consistenly strong that endorphin rush still is.

• Upvote 1

The feeling of relief mixed with joy has been like drugs hitting the bloodstream.

That nearly men tag finally being killed off shed a weight which even someone like Klopp may have been overwhelmed by eventually.

Thank fuck we don’t have to face any prospect of that continuing.

• Upvote 2