You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What are your favourite sports films, including documentaries?

Tony Moanero

Just now, Tony Moanero said:

Based on the comic strip, Billy’s Boots, isn’t it?  I used to love that, but those pair of cunts have always put me off watching the film.

It is and I know what you mean but they’re alright in it. 

Billy’s boots was the don.There was one match where he said he put pebbles in his boots to help him jump higher. I believed it and tried it and now I’m living in a semi detached in vauxhy 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Tony’s so mauve he could legitimately be talking about jug-ears in the middle as the second vagina.

Obviously Winstone’s first. There’s being eccentric and there’s basic tenets of a civilised society. 

You’ve lost me here, mate.

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

You’ve lost me here, mate.

You said that pair of cunts put you off.

Anyone else and I would assume they meant both Winstone and Carlyle.

With you, I’m still considering the possibility you mean the other lad.

16 minutes ago, Red74 said:

It is and I know what you mean but they’re alright in it. 

Billy’s boots was the don.There was one match where he said he put pebbles in his boots to help him jump higher. I believed it and tried it and now I’m living in a semi detached in vauxhy 

Ha ha. Sadly, I was fucking shit at footy, so Billy Dane was one of my heroes as a kid. I even asked Father Christmas if he could find me a pair of Dead Shot Keen’s old boots, when my ma took me to see him in town, one year.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

You said that pair of cunts put you off. Anyone else and I would assume they meant both Winstone and Carlyle. With you, I’m still considering the possibility you meant the other lad.

It was the use of the word “mauve” that threw me. I’ve genuinely never heard it used in that context before.

3 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

It was your use of the word “mauve” that threw me. I’ve genuinely never heard it used in that context before 

From a great film in a non-sporting genre, when Uncle Monty says to Withnail “He’s so mauve, we don’t know what he’s planning” of I/Marwood.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

Oh, right, I’ve never seen it.

Textbook example of why you’re so mauve mate.

Certainly not meant as an insult, even though that’s my favourite film of all-time.

Nowt wrong with being your own person.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Not a film as such, but I used to own this. Lost count of the number of times I watched it. A mate’s dad was always going on about Rocky Marciano, so I asked my parents for it one Christmas. Brilliant!

96E2B6F3-C7F9-4E76-9CF2-5539EA91207B.jpeg

VHS or Betamax? 

3 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

VHS. Used to play it in our Ferguson top loader.

With silver buttons at the front that pressed downwards?