You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Great live albums

Tony Moanero

Got to add my pick for the album review thread, even if it wasn't that well received

Blackberry Smoke - Leave a Scar live fro North Carolina

Others

One of my favourites tracks of all time on that "Life without you"

Nathaniel Rateliff -Live at Red Rocks(saw him last year,one of the best concerts ive seen, brilliant)

and the great Sam Cooke live at the Harlem Square club in 1963, outstanding version of bring it on home to me

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

91cgDY8ocrL._SY355_.jpg

This is the album that immediately came to mind for me. I picked up the 4 zLP collection on Record Store Day last year, with the rehearsals and other bits on and it's sublime.

Another shout for Nirvana's 'MTV Unplugged' record and I love Mariachi El Bronx's live album too but mostly because I saw them on that tour in Portland and it reminds me of one of the best times of my life:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

For me no list can be complete without James Brown live at new York Apollo. Majiclal 

'are you ready for star time?" 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2012/oct/24/james-brown-live-apollo-classic-report

I completely forgot about live soul stuff for some reason, great shout. I'd add...

Aretha Franklin - Live at The Fillmore West

Donny Hathaway - Live

Curtis Mayfield - Curtis Live

Aretha Franklin - Amazing Grace

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

It's amazing. Some people just aren't prepared for Frankie Teardrop. 

Similar with Metallic KO. You can hear the bottles smashing as they play. 

Aye, I was just reading about that. Mad stuff- I'll have a listen on Spotify in the morning. And there's me being a little worried at a Goodbye Mr Mackenzie reunion because we were surrounded by massive old school punks.