You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Foods you know that are full of shit but still eat

Bjornebye

11 minutes ago, halewood pete said:

Egg and black pudding on toast with brown sauce from the little cafe over the road from the arriva bus depot in speke.excellent quality and value for £1.50

*winces*

21 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Haggis is ace. I’m also quite partial to the occasional faggot or two. 

I’ll skip the obvious joke, but yes I like a Brains faggot. Haggis is another level, I usually buy in bulk straight after burns night when they’re reduced and chop them in two and freeze. 

9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

41QG9s1TXOL.jpg

5000178109746_280_IDShot_3.jpeg

We weee home for 5 days after Madrid, tucked away 2 mattesons smoked sausages, excellent quick brekkie. Jam it in the microwave, for 2 minutes, and butter yer bread and get the HP out, chop once down the middle, then split each half and lay it on the bread before smothering in HP. Serve with a fucking big mug of Irish tea.

9 hours ago, halewood pete said:

Egg and black pudding on toast with brown sauce from the little cafe over the road from the arriva bus depot in speke.excellent quality and value for £1.50

How often are you eating these HP? Doesn’t sound too bad long as it’s once a week or so.

i hated black pudding as a kid, love the stuff now. Butcher at the top of our road makes morcilla for an Argentine restaurant in the city, said they would but some aside for us, ended up with 6 fuck off big pieces.

make a chicken and chorizo paella every week to take to work, so started whaling it in there, lovely stuff.

45 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Haggis is lovely. My Dad used to run pubs and when I remember when I was a kid he used to put Haggis out for the regulars on St Andrews day. Loved the stuff. Not had it in a while though. 

It's gorgeous stuff. I got some big brownie points when I went to a Burns' Night party thrown by my wife's friends soon after I'd moved up to Scotland. There's the effete Englishman rapturously scoffing his second portion of haggis, while my wife- who is Scottish and hates the stuff- is picking at her mashed turnip.

Doner kebabs from takeaways. The quality of the meat is questionable, you don't know what cuts of lamb went into it (assuming it is genuinely lamb being used, and not weird animal off-cuts like a hot dog on The Simpsons) and the whole thing is loaded with fat. The salad items are clearly not at their optimum when being prepared. The pitta bread is like cardboard. And yet the combination works an absolute treat whether you're pissed or sober.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Doner kebabs from takeaways. The quality of the meat is questionable, you don't know what cuts of lamb went into it (assuming it is genuinely lamb being used, and not weird animal off-cuts like a hot dog on The Simpsons) and the whole thing is loaded with fat. The salad items are clearly not at their optimum when being prepared. The pitta bread is like cardboard. And yet the combination works an absolute treat whether you're pissed or sober.

I was eating 2/3 kebabs a week just before I moved back up north. Got addicted to them with chilli sauce on. Had one when I got back to Liverpool and the doner meat was far too thick. Put me off them for life I reckon. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Packed in the ale, wish I could pack in the crisps.

I've actually not drank that much since last year, that changed the other week due to a certain final, had shit loads. JB and Cider is all gone now, so back to having the odd beer/bottle of wine now and again. I've not had any crisps for over a week either, a lot easier to resist than I thought. Just need to get past the pain that exercise causes and get back into it. 

Back on topic. I find that the older you are, and especially if you had children later in life like ourselves then having a decent diet is hard to achieve. Kids are so fucking picky and in the end you get sick of cooking two different meals and find some common ground, which involves eating unhealthy shit more often than you'd like. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

I've actually not drank that much since last year, that changed the other week due to a certain final, had shit loads. JB and Cider is all gone now, so back to having the odd beer/bottle of wine now and again. I've not had any crisps for over a week either, a lot easier to resist than I thought. Just need to get past the pain that exercise causes and get back into it. 

Back on topic. I find that the older you are, and especially if you had children later in life like ourselves then having a decent diet is hard to achieve. Kids are so fucking picky and in the end you get sick of cooking two different meals and find some common ground, which involves eating unhealthy shit more often than you'd like. 

With work etc all four of us can eat different things. It is a pain.