You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bus travel

I don't, it is an irrational response to the fact that 99% of people don't get thanks for doing their job, so why should bus drivers.

However, having read this thread I will now start thanking more people for doing their jobs, including bus drivers. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I thank them if they were on time.

23 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Immaterial, isn't it. I apologise if I'm late to something, but I've never had a driver apologise to me for being late. Courtesy goes both ways.

Mind you, I have more trouble with buses being early. They love that shit here.

Haha. You’re such an asshole. You’re going to make an incredible cantankerous old bastard. 

• Upvote 2

Absolute banker Stronts has an encyclopaedic memory of all the times the bus has been late and who was driving.

”You may very well be on time today but in 2006 you were late by 93.7 seconds when it was raining cats and dogs, so if you think I’m thanking you now you’re as cretinous as you look. Which is very, very cretinous indeed, in case you were wondering. You’re welcome.”

”One pound thirty please mate.”

• Upvote 11

30 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Absolute banker Stronts has an encyclopaedic memory of all the times the bus has been late and who was driving.

”You may very well be on time today but in 2006 you were late by 93.7 seconds when it was raining cats and dogs, so if you think I’m thanking you now you’re as cretinous as you look. Which is very, very cretinous indeed, in case you were wondering. You’re welcome.”

Out of rep but I'm in fucking tears here. The last line has killed me off 

2 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

"Right you are. Do you have change for a fifty pound note? It'll be a justice neg for you if you don't."

I haven’t got a bus for about a decade. Growing up in Netherley before I passed my driving test I had no choice but to get one for years and fucking hated it. 

Moving near a train route is much better. Well quicker just jumping the train to town. 

And of course I used to thank them. Except for one driver a couple of years older than me who used to live in my street because I shagged his sister so he used to ignore me for some reason. Plus he was ginger.

On 09/06/2019 at 00:45, halewood pete said:

Do you thank the driver when you get off the bus or is it a generation thing? I'm 62 now and always do it because when I was a kid my mum always did.

Is right mate, always. As lifey said, manners don’t cost a thing. A smile and a thank you always has a positive impact. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

15 hours ago, Jenson said:

SD is Arnold Rimmer Esquire BSc, SSc