You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Most memorable moment of the season?

A_S

The Good, Bad and The F#$king Ridiculous!  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Most memorable moment of the season?

• Pickford's fuck-up / Divock's winner v Everton (H)
    • YNWA in front of the Kop post-Barcelona (H)
    • Trent's corner / Divock's winner v Barcelona (H)
    • Mo's rocket v Chelsea (H)
    • Divock's CL final sealer
    • Alisson's late save v Napoli (H)
    • Sturridge's equalizer v Chelsea (A)
    • Hendo holding Big Ears aloft

It's been an unbelievable season full of many highs, a few lows and plenty of moments that left you shaking your head (for better and worse). 

The road to #5 in Istanbul was paved with such moments as the Gerrard screamer v Olympiakos, the 'ghost' goal v Chelsea, and take your pick in the final itself! What did it for you this season en route to Madrid? 

There were so many incredible moments in a brilliant league campaign too, which is understandable in a 97-point haul. Somehow, the reds came up short, but thankfully the Champions League victory has allowed reds supporters to remember this season fondly forever and a day. 

I've only done a poll for the good moments (video evidence of these most welcome, also please add any I might have missed), but what were also your worst and most ridiculous moments from 2018/19 also?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Probably the Origi goal in the CL Final as it meant we had finally got our dues for a fantastic season. 

The loudest I celebrated a goal all season was Mo’s against Southampton away. Was actually asked to tone my celebrations down by a staff member in a bar in Cabo Roig 

• Upvote 2

I can’t think of a worst moment that involves us. The worst moments were watching or hearing city against Burnley, Leicester etc.

Without a doubt the moment that comes to mind for me is that corner. It’s one of the smartest, bravest and best bits of play I’ve ever seen, and it’s by our 20 year old full back.

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Milner putting Messi into the advertising hoardings was pretty good.

And Robbo shoving his head down in the first minute at Anfield as he sat on the turf.

• Upvote 1

Origi sealing number 6 - because it meant we finally got over the line after so many falls at the last hurdle in recent years.

Winning things is everything and we've had too many great moments in recent years that when all is said and done as great as they were at the time ultimately counted for nothing when the honours were handed out.

Some of the others on that list are great like Trent's corner - but ultimately that corner could have counted for nothing when it really come down to it had we not won number 6 - Origi's goal is the ultimate moment for me because it was truly decisive in terms of winning something....of course the corner was huge and without it we probably wouldn't have been in final to try and win number 6 - but for my money we've had plenty of those kind of moments in recent years (Lovren's header v Dortmund for example)....we have had nothing like the moment when Origi scored and we knew we had won it!

I know we were already 1-0 up with time ticking away, but for me all the near misses and hurt in recent years could still have been replayed until Divock scored - fate could yet again still deal us a hammer blow....a lucky goal for them, a mistake out the blue, a worldie from nowhere - fuck me we always seem to have something go against us like that at the absolute crunch....Not this time though, not when that ball hit the net!

The release that came with knowing we were finally winners again rather than the unlucky losers, was massive, absolutely massive - massive for this group of players, us as fans and potentially massive for our future as a catalyst to more success.

• Upvote 3

Number 6 obviously. Bayern away was special too, one of the best European away performances in many a year. Thought the first goal from Sadio was goal of the season too. 

But let's be honest there have been loads of great moments. We have had plenty of false dawns in recent history but I genuinely believe that this team is on the verge of something special. 

Guest Pistonbroke

YNWA in front of the KOP after the incredible come back v Barcelona. Players, Staff and fans combining in a moment of magic. 

Amazing that Origi features in 3 of these....he's come from being behind Dominic Solanke in the pecking order to being pivotal in some of the biggest moments in our season and history.

Football never loses its ability to fucking amaze.

• Upvote 2

Gini’s first against Barcelona was in some ways the moment of the season for me. That was when, even though there was obviously still plenty to do, I just knew we were going to put them out.

Similar to Vladi’s goal in Istanbul in that we were always then going to go on and get another.

Hard to choose really. The end of the Barca comeback, with even Milner in big manly tears, felt different somehow, like this team had matured into a proper side, capable of beating anyone. We weren't the underdogs with a swinging chance, we were the team to beat.

Robbo pushing Messi's head wins top snide though. Loved that.

Divock’s derby goal as I was lucky enough to be at the game. I’d have the Magic Man’s deciders against Barcelona and Spurs right up there too.

What a phenomenal season for the lad given the handful of games he actually played. 

9 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Trent and Origi's routine for goal 4.

This is mine by a distance. My mum won't stop going on about it and she remembers nothing about football. 

Had we won the league, it would have been Origi at Newcastle. Had we won the CL by the Origi goal, it would have been that.

• Upvote 1

Divock 2-0. The relief watching that come up on flash score. I find it too much watching our big games. My nerves are totally shredded. Have that you gang of shithouse cunts sharpening pencils ready to rip into the serial loser Klopp.

He is the finest manager in the world. 

• Upvote 1