Quantcast
Women's World Cup - Page 8 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
The Woolster

Women's World Cup

Some excellent attacking play from the US at the moment. Engler has made a couple of very good saves in the Chilean goal.

Three matches, and three VAR pens given to the host nation.

And now that the've missed the third, VAR have adjudged the Nigerian keeper was off her line, and awarded a fourth penalty.

Past a joke, at this point.

• Upvote 2

The goalkeeper gained no advantage from the inch her heel was off the line. I wonder if they'd have called for it to be taken again if France scored but one of their players was an inch inside the box.

12 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

Three matches, and three VAR pens given to the host nation.

And now that the've missed the third, VAR have adjudged the Nigerian keeper was off her line, and awarded a fourth penalty.

Past a joke, at this point.

They changed the rules to make it even harder for keepers. They have to have one foot on the line as the penalty is taken. I don't agree with it, but the VAR assistants were following the rule change. It will cause havoc in the PL next season, because consistency will go out of the window as usual as some clubs benefit from eagle eyed VAR assistants and others won't. The likes of City and the Mancs will be drawing little TV's in the direction of the referee every five minutes. 

I'm not really interested in women's footy but there's an article on the BBC's website about a Brazilian player becoming the all time leading scorer in World Cup history. Not women's World Cup but the World Cup in general. Congratulating her on overtaking Klose!!!

Why do they have to compare it to the men's game?

8 minutes ago, Special K said:

I'm not really interested in women's footy but there's an article on the BBC's website about a Brazilian player becoming the all time leading scorer in World Cup history. Not women's World Cup but the World Cup in general. Congratulating her on overtaking Klose!!!

Why do they have to compare it to the men's game?

Women's fucking kickball boils my piss. Sub-Sunday league hens.

On 17/06/2019 at 21:38, Sixtimes Dog said:

All that palaver with the retaken penalty reminded me of that old comedy about football corruption, Eleven Men Against Eleven.

Great film that.

• Upvote 1

On 18/06/2019 at 05:39, Pistonbroke said:

They changed the rules to make it even harder for keepers. They have to have one foot on the line as the penalty is taken. I don't agree with it, but the VAR assistants were following the rule change. 

They need to be consistent about players into the area before the kick as well.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

They need to be consistent about players into the area before the kick as well.

True, but they won't be. It will just be picked up as and when it suits them. 

England have some decent players. Bronze, Houghton, Parris, White. Even the keeper looks okay. Don’t get why people have to be shitty over it, really, it’s just a game of football - don’t want to watch it? Don’t watch it. 

• Upvote 2