Quantcast
Women's World Cup - Page 29 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
The Woolster

Women's World Cup

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The US women's team absolutely dominate globally. The men's team are lucky if they scrape past Canada. The women also attract bigger crowds, bigger TV audiences and more lucrative sponsorship. 

 

So, yeah, equal pay is bollocks.  The men aren't fit to lace their boots. The fact that they are paid more is just fucking absurd.


If they generate more money, they should get more money, don't understand why they talk about equal pay. It has nothing to do with global domination though.  You cannot compare the competition in football and women's football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The US women's team absolutely dominate globally. The men's team are lucky if they scrape past Canada. The women also attract bigger crowds, bigger TV audiences and more lucrative sponsorship. 

 

So, yeah, equal pay is bollocks.  The men aren't fit to lace their boots. The fact that they are paid more is just fucking absurd.

US men have not lost to Canada in like 50 years - I would have them in the top 25 teams in the world.

 

The women should get the same cut of their revenue as the men do -- whether that is more/less neither you or I would know, but it should be an equal share to what that is. Important to understand that the Womens team generate nothing but every 4 years. No one is paying a wedge to sponsor their qualifiers and the big "sponsors" are linked to individual players, not the team. Which is exactly what happens in the mens game. So the best players are getting paid.

 

We do have an insurmountable advantage on the womens side -- there are @ 15mil girls total playing around the world -- nearly 10m are in the US

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The US women's team absolutely dominate globally. The men's team are lucky if they scrape past Canada. The women also attract bigger crowds, bigger TV audiences and more lucrative sponsorship. 

 

So, yeah, equal pay is bollocks.  The men aren't fit to lace their boots. The fact that they are paid more is just fucking absurd.

You're giving Canada far too much credit here. We're shite. The US men's team is decent, probably around the 25-30 range in the world.

 

I don't know what kind of revenue the men and women generate, but the pay should obviously be based on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

My opinion hasn't changed one iota: women's kickball is fucking shit.

 

Genuinely chuffed to bits for them though that their efforts and dedication are being recognised and rewarded, and hopefully this will encourage more and more young girls and young women to take up the sport, but let's not kid ourselves, the USNWT would be fucking annihilated by a bunch of hung over, out of shape middle aged men with dodgy knees on a Sunday morning.

 

This equal pay for the women is also complete and utter bollocks.

 

In my opinion, the women should get a fair chunk of the money that their game generates and anything that the men's professional clubs see fit to throw at them, but what next ? Equal pay for Dallas under 15 boys team ? Or Newcastle NSW u15 boys ? Or Real Salt Lake boys ? Or Swedish boys team? Or the myriad of other boys teams who have whacked the cream of the ladies game whenever they have played?

 

USWNT vs USMNT in a winner takes all / loser leave town match? The men would run up a 100 goals.

This is just embarrassing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Did you know Carvalho doesn't like women's football?

I really want to know how it compares to the mens game. That's the whole point of watching it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, moof said:

Why shouldn’t they be paid equally by the FA for playing with the national side? The disparity is nonsensical. 

Should Liverpool ladies' team be paid the same ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Should Liverpool ladies' team be paid the same ?

No, of course not. But what’s the issue with the football association upping the match fee by a couple of thousand for women so it’s in line with the men? I’d like to see that brought in across the board, as well as grassroots funding for better coaching and what have you. Football is a multi-multi-multi billion dollar industry, corrupt bastards pay hundreds of millions in transfer fees for quims like neymar. Why shouldn’t the women’s game get a bigger slice of the pie? Would increase the standard all round and allow players to actually make a decent living out of the sport. What’s the problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, moof said:

Why shouldn’t they be paid equally by the FA for playing with the national side? The disparity is nonsensical. 

 

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Should Liverpool ladies' team be paid the same ?

 

1 hour ago, moof said:

No, of course not. But what’s the issue with the football association upping the match fee by a couple of thousand for women so it’s in line with the men? I’d like to see that brought in across the board, as well as grassroots funding for better coaching and what have you. Football is a multi-multi-multi billion dollar industry, corrupt bastards pay hundreds of millions in transfer fees for quims like neymar. Why shouldn’t the women’s game get a bigger slice of the pie? Would increase the standard all round and allow players to actually make a decent living out of the sport. What’s the problem?

when_someone_is_way_off.gif

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

 

 

when_someone_is_way_off.gif

 

 

You realise Liverpool players aren’t paid by the FA? 

 

You do realise that, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, moof said:

You realise Liverpool players aren’t paid by the FA? 

 

You do realise that, right?

Should the English womens team be paid the same as the men?

 

What about a country like the Netherlands?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Should the English womens team be paid the same as the men?

 

What about a country like the Netherlands?

Match fees and winning bonus, yeah, why not? It’s not as though they’re paid a salary or anything. They’re paid on a per game basis with performance incentives. I’d like to see it with every elite national side. Again, I ask - why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, moof said:

Match fees and winning bonus, yeah, why not? It’s not as though they’re paid a salary or anything. They’re paid on a per game basis with performance incentives. I’d like to see it with every elite national side. Again, I ask - why not?

I agree pal - but that is not the same thing as equal pay.

The revenues are far less in most, if not all cases.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I agree pal - but that is not the same thing as equal pay.

The revenues are far less in most, if not all cases.

 

There isn’t anything stopping the federations from paying women’s teams in line with men’s; they currently do it in Norway and New Zealand, and the Netherlands have committed to it within the next few years. In terms of prize money in big tournaments, skim a little bit off the top of the men’s pot and add it to the women’s. It’s not difficult, it’s a nice statement, and it will trickle down and make a huge difference to the women who can’t get lucrative sponsorship deals etc. 

 

I also want to see FIFA investing far more in the grassroots, better coaching, facilities, travel & accommodation. There’s no excuse not to, with the money floating around in the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, moof said:

No, of course not. But what’s the issue with the football association upping the match fee by a couple of thousand for women so it’s in line with the men? I’d like to see that brought in across the board, as well as grassroots funding for better coaching and what have you. Football is a multi-multi-multi billion dollar industry, corrupt bastards pay hundreds of millions in transfer fees for quims like neymar. Why shouldn’t the women’s game get a bigger slice of the pie? Would increase the standard all round and allow players to actually make a decent living out of the sport. What’s the problem?

I'm all for the ladies being paid more, completely agree with you that it would help their game.

 

Equal pay though? In the case of the USNWT and women's football generally I don't believe that it's warranted in any way.

 

Women's football / USNWT do not generate anywhere near the revenue of their male counterparts and the quality is grotesque.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all for tennis players being paid top dollar too, and all for equal pay for women at Wimbledon.

 

Although it's not equal is it? Women tennis players at Wimbledon are getting paid approximately 40% more than their male counterparts on average / paid the same for playing 3 sets compared to the men's 5.

 

Men's pay should be raised to compensate pro rata, failing that just have a gender free open tournament and let the chips fall where they may.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should separate associations into men's and women's football and problem solved. What you make is what you get. Equal pay for equal work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I'm all for the ladies being paid more, completely agree with you that it would help their game.

 

Equal pay though? In the case of the USNWT and women's football generally I don't believe that it's warranted in any way.

 

Women's football / USNWT do not generate anywhere near the revenue of their male counterparts and the quality is grotesque.

 

You sure about that? 

 

I read the womens team bring in far more money than the mens team do in sponsorship and revenue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I'm all for the ladies being paid more, completely agree with you that it would help their game.

 

Equal pay though? In the case of the USNWT and women's football generally I don't believe that it's warranted in any way.

 

Women's football / USNWT do not generate anywhere near the revenue of their male counterparts and the quality is grotesque.

 

It is thought that The US Womens team have generated more money for the US Soccer Federation of the past few years than the men's teams. If that is the case then they should be getting paid more than the men do from the US Soccer Federation, no? What they get paid by their clubs is a different matter of course.

 

I guess that this is not the case in most countries though, but if you are playing for the men's England team, you are probably earning enough to afford to forego some of your earning for England to be shared with the women

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SasaS said:

They should separate associations into men's and women's football and problem solved. What you make is what you get. Equal pay for equal work.

The US has two -- they each have their own collective bargaining agreements. They do have shared sponsors

9 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

 

You sure about that? 

 

I read the womens team bring in far more money than the mens team do in sponsorship and revenue. 

They did for sure in 2016 - that was the year they filed the lawsuit. The figures being quoted are only for matchday revenues.

 

Womens jersey sales are at an all time high in the US now - that is for either team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×