You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Women's World Cup

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I assume this was about the response to @Sasas assertion when he said that the men and the women have separate associations.

Don't try passing it off onto @SasaS.  You're the one who said they had separate associations!

Proper snide trick that is, trying to pass off your own blunder onto SasaS.  Trumpian behaviour. 

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

I was just talking your language for a brief moment, that's all.

I didn't sit there watching the WWC thinking "fuck me, a man would never have fluffed that chance".  

Fair enough.

Some other things I think would benefit women's footy would include:

Cut the pitch sizes by 2/3rds. This would speed up the game, and allow for better, more accurate passing.

Make goal sizes smaller. Maybe 6x6 rather then 8x8 ? It seems very apparent that the very weakest part of the women's game are their goalies. Perhaps not surprising when some of them barely 5 foot tall. Smaller goal sizes would obviously assist them.

Coaching. Get rid of the grass roots moms who turn up and teach the girls how to head a ball...without a ball! Believe me, I've seen it happen. Replace them with qualified / experienced coaches who know what the fuck they're doing.

2 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Cut the pitch sizes by 2/3rds. This would speed up the game, and allow for better, more accurate passing.

Make goal sizes smaller. Maybe 6x6 rather then 8x8 ? It seems very apparent that the very weakest part of the women's game are their goalies. Perhaps not surprising when some of them barely 5 foot tall. Smaller goal sizes would obviously assist them.

Does this happen in other sports?  

You can’t really compare men vs women in a sporting sense, it’s apples and oranges. It’s better to look at talent relative to their gender.

What isn’t in dispute is the effort and sacrifices are the same, if not far more on the women’s side. The hundreds of hours on the training ground, the lack of opportunities at grassroots levels, the lack of quality coaching and facilities available to women’s/girls teams. I just feel that when they get to the elite level, they at least deserve to make a living from the game - a game that has enriched so many that aren’t deserving, beyond their wildest imaginations.   

They work just as hard. Pay the fuckers, put more money into the women’s game, watch it expand, watch the level improve.

It really shouldn’t make the slightest bit of difference how they perform vs men, that’s just a red herring. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Don't try passing it off onto @SasaS.  You're the one who said they had separate associations!

Proper snide trick that is, trying to pass off your own blunder onto SasaS.  Trumpian behaviour. 

I can see you are still having trouble -- lots of big words and so many facts. Another big word is federation, there is one of those in the US. Both the USMNT and the USWNT (as we know, those are independent entities with their own CBA's and wage structures) play under the USSF. The Federation is what contracts tv deals, sponsorships etc. 

So part of the pay that you are arguing over comes from the USWNT, and part of it from the Federation - but certainly you would know that if you are this interested.

Lolzing hard here. 

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I can see you are still having trouble -- lots of big words and so many facts. Another big word is federation, there is one of those in the US. Both the USMNT and the USWNT (as we know, those are independent entities with their own CBA's and wage structures) play under the USSF. The Federation is what contracts tv deals, sponsorships etc. 

So part of the pay that you are arguing over comes from the USWNT, and part of it from the Federation - but certainly you would know that if you are this interested.

Lolzing hard here. 

So one federation, then, despite you saying there were two.  Is outright lying your occupation?  Does it pay well?

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yea, the irony is we are talking about some of the very few who are able to do that.

Pretty sure the goalie from Taiwan is on another job today.

Well, I’m talking more broadly rather than concentrating on the US side.

And yes, whilst it’s much more difficult for the lesser sides, fifa and the respective federations should step in and increase investment at all levels of the women’s game. 

Whilst I'm obviously all for women / people / anybody elevating their income I must admit that I am conflicted when the women footballers are so awful by comparison.

Is it right that Rapinoe gets paid the small fortune that she seeks when many thousands of male professional footballers of far superior ability get paid a relative pittance? Should quality have no baring at all?

5 hours ago, SasaS said:

They should separate associations into men's and women's football...

4 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

The US has two

Please note, Donald Lama, that association/federation are interchangeable terms for the purposes of the conversation you were having with SasaS. 

1 minute ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Whilst I'm obviously all for women / people / anybody elevating their income I must admit that I am conflicted when the women footballers are so awful by comparison.

Is it right that Rapinoe gets paid the small fortune that she seeks when many thousands of male professional footballers of far superior ability get paid a relative pittance? Should quality have no baring at all?

How dare she get paid more than a man.  Who the hell does she think she is?

Just now, TK421 said:

Please note, Donald Lama, that association/federation are interchangeable terms for the purposes of the conversation you were having with SasaS. 

Well, of course they are not -- I am just now realising you have absolutely no idea of even the basic elements of the "equal pay" that you are so outraged over.

I am also lolzing hard over a fella who used fake news about ten times - being proved wrong each time - then grasping onto straws while bringing Trumpie Bear into it. Thats lolzy.

1 minute ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Sorry, I thought it was a rhetorical question.

My answer, probably, possibly. Really fail to see what other sports have to do with the qualititive argument of women's footy though.

Well, it seems to me from reading your posts that you consider "real football", with regard to pitch dimensions and goal sizes, to be the exclusive preserve of the men.  What elevates football above other sports?  Does it happen in other sports?  Is the boundary rope brought in for cricket, for example?  Is the wicket shorter than 22 yards?  I genuinely don't know without my mate google.  

4 minutes ago, TK421 said:

How dare she get paid more than a man.  Who the hell does she think she is?

That's completely unfair.

Many of us work in PRP environments. Would it be right if the person sitting next to you, doing the same job as you, got paid  more than you when their work was utter shit?

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Well, of course they are not -- I am just now realising you have absolutely no idea of even the basic elements of the "equal pay" that you are so outraged over.

I am also lolzing hard over a fella who used fake news about ten times - being proved wrong each time - then grasping onto straws while bringing Trumpie Bear into it. Thats lolzy.

They are, but you wouldn't realise that because you're fucking dumb.

2 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

That's completely unfair.

Many of us work in PRP environments. Would it be right if the person sitting next to you, doing the same job as you, got paid  more than you when their work was utter shit?

Right, just so we're clear.  Under no circumstances should Rapinoe get paid more than a man playing professional footy.  Wow.

It's worth bearing in mind that TheDonaldLama is coming at this from a perspective where Harvey Weinstein did nothing wrong and it was the fault of the women for putting themselves in a vulnerable position.  He also had no issue with Lewis CK ploughing young women with alcohol and sexually abusing them.

9 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Right, just so we're clear.  Under no circumstances should Rapinoe get paid more than a man playing professional footy.  Wow.

Never said that. Was posing a very fair question, that's all. I've stated very clearly several times throughout this thread that I am all  for people - and that includes  women ! - getting paid as handsomely as possible. If you purposely choose to  ignore that or misrepresent that then [shrugs]