You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Women's World Cup

Harry Kane got a penalty from an off side position against Arsenal this season and one against us the year before and every former ref with a pulse were falling over themselves to justify them and claim they were correct decisions.

In tonight's game we had 4 VAR (seemingly very well trained) officials looking at it for for 2 minutes and they appeared to be unaware of the Harry Kane rule. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Sat in the garden all afternoon having a BBQ and copious amounts of ale with a load of Germans/Russians. The Germans weren't impressed with that defeat, despite pretending women's football was shit. Oh I, that's why you were all going on about who you'd be meeting in the final. 

56 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Sat in the garden all afternoon having a BBQ and copious amounts of ale with a load of Germans/Russians. The Germans weren't impressed with that defeat, despite pretending women's football was shit. Oh I, that's why you were all going on about who you'd be meeting in the final. 

How many different types of wurst did you do?

Guest Pistonbroke
27 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

How many different types of wurst did you do?

I had Normal ones and those with Chilli and cheese in them. Other people brought other types. I actually only had one Bratwurst and then dug into a few lamb steaks. Sun plus beer and vodka is starting to take its toll though, gonna be a pain cleaning the grill in the morning.  

On 29/06/2019 at 17:52, coachpotato said:

The USA team have that sense of toughness about them that’ll likely be too much for England.

They are a team of athletes as Scott said on the BBC last night, but they ally that with skill and nous.

I get the feeling ours are happy to be in the semi, without really believing they can win it, although they’ve improved with each game. Have to really improve defensively against the US.

Winner of the game wins the tournament I think.

The US captain has been winding Trump up, by saying she would turn down any invitation to the White House as long as that shower of homophobic pricks are there.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The US captain has been winding Trump up, by saying she would turn down any invitation to the White House as long as that shower of homophobic pricks are there.

If I have understood the headline correctly, Alex Oxlade Chamberlain has invited her to the House of Representatives.

England are/is being built up like nobody’s business by the media for tonight’s game...’the first senior England team to reach a final since 1966....if they can beat the USA. I might be eating one of Babb’s hats later on but I see nothing other than a straightforward win for the Americans here

20 minutes ago, moof said:

Don’t know if it’ll be straightforward, Cath, but US are definitely favourites. A team of fighters and winners. I’m really looking forward to it 

I said the same about Venus Williams last night, so whadda I know