You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Women's World Cup

2 hours ago, Elite said:

I notice there's a female only panel on BBC. Sexist cunts.

Alex Scott is not only fit as fuck, she a bloody good pundit 

The yank - Hope Solo, however seems like  she’s a bit batshit crazy - the type that you’d either have the wildest night of your life or find yourself bound, gagged and naked whilst been crucified rectally by a scaffold pole!

EDIT: I realise that some on this forum wouldn’t see that’s a difference 

Edited by dandyman

Just now, dandyman said:

Alex Scott is not only fit as fuck, she a bloody good pundit 

The yank - Hope Solo, however seems like  she’s a bit batshit crazy - the type that you’d either have the wildest night of your life or find yourself bound, gagged and naked whilst been crucified rectally by a scaffold pole!

You sound like you speak from experience.

2 hours ago, dandyman said:

EDIT: I realise that some on this forum wouldn’t see that’s a difference 

Go back a page and check the link. Certified loon

I do wonder if I'm the only one who thinks Alex Scott is your typical example of lipstick on a pig.  And she's a very average pundit, nothing too horrific like some of the men, but basically states the obvious and has poor delivery.

Anyways, as for the women's game I think the whole thing needs scaling down a quarter, size of the pitch, the box, size of the goals etc.  It won't happen now that the pay gap has become such a big issue, it needed to happen 6-8 years ago, that way the quality would have improved significantly in that time as the skill is there, it's the physical side that's lacking. 

I think that Sue Smith is an excellent pundit, she's often on the midweek Sky Soccer Saturday type programme, except it's not on a Saturday.  She gives a good insight, really describes situations well and seems to have a great reading of the game. I'm hoping she'll be involved in some of the coverage of this World Cup. 

14 minutes ago, Moo said:

I think that Sue Smith is an excellent pundit, she's often on the midweek Sky Soccer Saturday type programme, except it's not on a Saturday.  She gives a good insight, really describes situations well and seems to have a great reading of the game. I'm hoping she'll be involved in some of the coverage of this World Cup. 

She is sound. 

Women's "football" isn't even deserving of the name, it is sub-Sunday League standard by a fucking mile. 5 50 something blokes with dodgy knees, beer bellies and hangovers would take the England womens team to the fucking cleaners.

It's good that women are competitive and enjoy playing, getting fit and expressing themselves, but who are they all trying to fucking kid ?! They've got this shit all over the telly and making a huge deal out of it, OBEs getting dished out left and right. What next ? Live on BBC from Greyfields Rec, The Queens Head vs The Dog & Duck ?

Oh, and the biggest oxymoron I can think of ? "Women goalkeepers"

Phil Neville has the easiest job in the world. His team talk consists of one thing and one thing only, "SHOOT !"

• Upvote 2

Must say that when I accidentally tuned in to an England womens cricket match last year, I was very pleasantly surprised by how decent they were, far better than I expected them to be. By comparision, the England womens "football" team are just laughable, just utter utter rubbish.

I'm off to watch Emmerdale Farm.

• Upvote 1

The North Korean ref in this Canada/Cameroon game is scary. Taking no shit at all. Looks like she’d tie you to a bed, straddle your legs, and be giggling while letting scorpions crawl across your cock and balls.

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Women's "football" isn't even deserving of the name, it is sub-Sunday League standard by a fucking mile. 5 50 something blokes with dodgy knees, beer bellies and hangovers would take the England womens team to the fucking cleaners.

It's good that women are competitive and enjoy playing, getting fit and expressing themselves, but who are they all trying to fucking kid ?! They've got this shit all over the telly and making a huge deal out of it, OBEs getting dished out left and right. What next ? Live on BBC from Greyfields Rec, The Queens Head vs The Dog & Duck ?

Oh, and the biggest oxymoron I can think of ? "Women goalkeepers"

Phil Neville has the easiest job in the world. His team talk consists of one thing and one thing only, "SHOOT !"

A half decent team of under fourteens would twat them.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Mum! Mum! There’s girls playing football on the telly again, mum! Write to the BBC for me, mum, I’m proper offended!

What do you mean I don’t have to watch it? Bloody hell, mum! If I don’t watch it, I can’t moan about it on the interwebs...

• Upvote 1

Women's football is a good spectator sport. I've been to a few Canada matches and it's a nice experience. Not expensive, you can get good seats but there is still a good turnout.

The problem is that it doesn't translate to TV at all. And when you see them up close, they are talented but there's no use likening it to men's football, it's just not the same.

Yeah, boys are way bigger, stronger, faster and more athletic in a sport where those things really matter, of course the women won't be able to compete. If you look at it from that perspective, then yeah you'll think women's football stinks. 

11 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Must say that when I accidentally tuned in to an England womens cricket match last year, I was very pleasantly surprised by how decent they were, far better than I expected them to be. By comparision, the England womens "football" team are just laughable, just utter utter rubbish.

I'm off to watch Emmerdale Farm.

Can't say I agree re women's cricket. They can't hit it off the square, and the vast majority of half decent club sides have quicker bowlers. I've played for sides that would massacre the England women's cricket team.