Quantcast
Early Summer Pre Final , Euro's Draft Rules & Discussion Thread - Page 8 - Draft Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Early Summer Pre Final , Euro's Draft Rules & Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, John102 said:

Lovely centre back pairing there mate. Top notch

Hahahahaha

McGrath was shit according to you in the last draft. 

He’s always been top class. 

4 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Hahahahaha

McGrath was shit according to you in the last draft. 

He’s always been top class. 

I think he was being sarcastic.

4 hours ago, viRdjil said:

I think he was being sarcastic.

I just hope people judge players at their peak, as however short it was, Mijatovic was one of the greatest strikers the game has ever seen. Like a Bergkamp 2.0....

Kick started Real Madrid and made them the team they are today. 

Up their with the best strikers in this draft. Mpre a Firmino type rather than out and out goalscorer, but no less important none the less...

Yup Pedrag was a v good pick. Ballon D’Or runner up - became Real’s Sporting Director after. Can only imagine how hard & how much politicking would be needed for an Eastern European to break into that Spanish cartel (the “mafia” as Ferguson called them?). A lot of those East European players of the time had big minds. Boban has a whole house dedicated to Russian Literature, became editor of a Croatian newspaper, has a restaurant .. and I think now is an executive at UEFA or FIFA possibly too? Casual.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

1757706_Ukraine.jpg

Anyone else look down that team and think (shape aside which needs addressing) class class class etc class then get to Given and piss themselves ? 

For the record, I like Shay Given 

15 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Formation 1

1757648_Sassuolo.jpg

Formation 2

1757650_Sassuolo.jpg

1st one I reckon. Again a side full of class and 1 wtf player. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

1st one I reckon. Again a side full of class and 1 wtf player. 

I wanted two attacking full backs. Rose is a very good full back IMO, a player Mo Salah has continually struggled against.

6 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

No fucking way was Laudrup a holding midfielder. 

Rijkaard was.

In the second formation, Laudrup would play the role like Pirlo or Gundogan for City I’d imagine it.

15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Desailly holding midfielder ? Brave. I like it. You little shit 

He played there for years for Milan? He even played there and scored when Milan won the European cup beating Barca 4-0. That midfield would absolutely beast anyone.

1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

Rijkaard was.

In the second formation, Laudrup would play the role like Pirlo or Gundogan for City I’d imagine it.

Laudrup was nothing like Pirlo or Gundogan. Imagine playing Zidane there. It’d be like that. 

3 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Laudrup was nothing like Pirlo or Gundogan. Imagine playing Zidane there. It’d be like that. 

Pirlo and Gundogan were both AMs, later converted into deep-lying playmakers. Hence the comparison.

2 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

It’s like having one of the greatest attacking players in the world and then thinking, how can I nullify him. 

3 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Pirlo and Gundogan were both AMs, later converted into deep-lying playmakers. Hence the comparison.

It’s comparing apples and oranges. Glenn Murray and Dennis Bergkamp were both strikers but that’s where the comparison ends. 

Laudrup was a pure attacking midfielder who only operated in the opposition third.

Just now, Sugar Ape said:

It’s comparing apples and oranges. Glenn Murray and Dennis Bergkamp were both strikers but that’s where the comparison ends. 

Laudrup was a pure attacking midfielder who only operated in the opposition third.

That’s not true.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/michael-laudrup/profil/spieler/8023

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Laudrup

Although primarily an offensive playmaker, he was capable of playing in several positions in or behind the front-line, and was even deployed as a winger, as a central midfielder or deep-lying playmaker, or as a second striker on occasion, in particular in his youth.