Quantcast
Early Summer Pre Final , Euro's Draft Rules & Discussion Thread - Page 6 - Draft Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Early Summer Pre Final , Euro's Draft Rules & Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Best free kick taker ever is undoubtedly Juninho Pernambucano.

Nah. It’s Mihajlovic for me. All time record in serie A when it was the best league in the world and I’ve never seen anyone score free kicks from the angles he did. 

Juninho Pernambucano was also a great free kick take but in a much worse league. 

Yup it's Sinisa. Juninho played in a novelty league. It does feel like the 2000s had much better free kick takers generally than of late in the 2010s.

13 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Nah. It’s Mihajlovic for me. All time record in serie A when it was the best league in the world and I’ve never seen anyone score free kicks from the angles he did. 

Juninho Pernambucano was also a great free kick take but in a much worse league. 

He scored loads in Europe too. Not only did he score a ton, he also revolutionised free-kicks. I believe Pirlo and Cristiano stole his technique. I didn’t even think it would be a discussion if I’m honest. I grew up watching loads of Serie A too.

My top 5:

1. Juninho

2. Mihajlovic

3. Beckham

4. Ronaldinho

5. Messi

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

@Sugar Ape you're up.

Wanted Stam but I knew @Alex_K would take him.

Also, I made my 10th pick as everyone has a Frenchman.

I was deliberating hard on if you would or wouldn't as I figured you were the only one who possibly could..glad I made the right choice! Now I've got one player left who is a risk and one who no one can take. 

2 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

I was deliberating hard on if you would or wouldn't as I figured you were the only one who possibly could..glad I made the right choice! Now I've got one player left who is a risk and one who no one can take. 

I would've picked Stam and Kanté. Had to settle for Davids and Varane. Although now that I think about it I should've picked Varane 11th. Oh well.

8 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

He scored loads in Europe too. Not only did he score a ton, he also revolutionised free-kicks. I believe Pirlo and Cristiano stole his technique. I didn’t even think it would be a discussion if I’m honest. I grew up watching loads of Serie A too.

My top 5:

1. Juninho

2. Mihajlovic

3. Beckham

4. Ronaldinho

5. Messi

He was a great free kick taker. But I’ve always said Mihajlovic is the best I’ve ever seen as you can see here 

Think you’ve rated Beckham too highly. I’d have Ronaldinho over him and certainly Koeman off the top of my head. Probably Zola and Pirlo too. 

Beckham was and still is criminally underrated as a Footballer let alone his free kicks. 

But I need to ask, what fucking difference does it make what league you are in when it comes to taking free kicks? Unless we are talking the germans women league where they are all 7 ft tall. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Beckham was and still is criminally underrated as a Footballer let alone his free kicks. 

But I need to ask, what fucking difference does it make what league you are in when it comes to taking free kicks? Unless we are talking the germans women league where they are all 7 ft tall. 

Quality of the keeper obviously makes a difference. Beckham would have scored more free kicks playing his whole career in the conference wouldn’t he?

Over you @Elite  I’ve taken my next pick as well as you all have a German.

Edit: And Beckham is the most overhyped footballer the world has ever seen. No idea how you think he is underrated.

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I’m guessing the quality of goalkeepers you face.

I actually think Beckham was under rated too. The amount of goals he was involved in for United in Europe during late 90s was pretty staggering. He'd be a great Klopp player.

1 minute ago, Alex_K said:

I actually think Beckham was under rated too. The amount of goals he was involved in for United in Europe during late 90s was pretty staggering. He'd be a great Klopp player.

He gets referenced permanently. The England game against Switzerland the other day was a prime example with Trent’s performance. I turned it off because I was sick of hearing his name. 

Team completed. Pretty happy with it. I’m thinking 4-4-2... similar setup to the Arsenal ‘invincibles’ team.

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Bollocks re: Beckham. You chat some shit sometimes Rapey 

@John102

So Beckham wasn’t overhyped and is in fact underrated? You’re the one chatting bollocks you cock pirate. 

3 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

So Beckham wasn’t overhyped and is in fact underrated? You’re the one chatting bollocks you cock pirate. 

You are letting his celebrity status take away from the fact that he was a world class player you fucking toenail. He was a galactico by right, not just because of shirt sales. The lad could play better than most.