You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Australia

Section_31

Bank holiday for queens birthday today, so a big match day at the MCG - Collingwood vs Melbourne. This is the view from our seats, 25$ each or roughly 14 quid. Front row, tier 4.

And also the view from the social club bar, where yer can grab a very nice drop of red, whilst watching the 3rd quarter in a bit more comfort (glass not plazzy cups):

802DB837-ED3A-4E76-9BAD-357F01421278.jpeg

AA86F362-1FAB-48C8-99F2-42201706B74B.jpeg

A5E43D4B-0664-4844-A577-D23AA95B1925.jpeg

D8382B27-6978-4ECF-BA97-47DCD03CA980.jpeg

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, arthur friedenreich said:

Bank holiday for queens birthday today, so a big match day at the MCG - Collingwood vs Melbourne. This is the view from our seats, 25$ each or roughly 14 quid. Front row, tier 4.

And also the view from the social club bar, where yer can grab a very nice drop of red, whilst watching the 3rd quarter in a bit more comfort (glass not plazzy cups):

Should also add, the pies were fucking majestic today. 

Still don’t quite understand the rules, and wearing a scarf itches like fuck, but if I have Liverpool hat on, reckon I should wear a pies scarf for the match.

great day out, awesome stadium, fuck Melbourne

(and a rather splendid Pinot Noir at 9$ a glass)

bon soir chaps!

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, arthur friedenreich said:

Should also add, the pies were fucking majestic today. 

Still don’t quite understand the rules, and wearing a scarf itches like fuck, but if I have Liverpool hat on, reckon I should wear a pies scarf for the match.

great day out, awesome stadium, fuck Melbourne

(and a rather splendid Pinot Noir at 9$ a glass)

bon soir chaps!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm heading to the ancestral home of the Pies on Sunday @arthur friedenreich for the Community Cup.

RVG, Dan Sultan, Paul Kelly, Harvey Sutherland, Magic Dirt, plus you get to kick a ball around the Victoria Park turf.

Sadly the cops arrested all the streakers at the game a couple of years ago, so might not get that kind of fun again this year.

52 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

I'm heading to the ancestral home of the Pies on Sunday @arthur friedenreich for the Community Cup.

RVG, Dan Sultan, Paul Kelly, Harvey Sutherland, Magic Dirt, plus you get to kick a ball around the Victoria Park turf.

Sadly the cops arrested all the streakers at the game a couple of years ago, so might not get that kind of fun again this year.

Got a link? That sounds interesting, my mate could be up for that, is it kid friendly?

3 minutes ago, arthur friedenreich said:

Got a link? That sounds interesting, my mate could be up for that, is it kid friendly?

Yeah, I've taken my kids the last few years. There's food vans (and a beer truck) they get to leg it about on the pitch and listen to some live music.  Also very educational with all the streakers it was. 

64444009_2075367709234289_60981862813159

Here's the ticket link:

https://communitycup.oztix.com.au/outlet/event/ed625ca7-5372-4e2b-adcd-f9768b1a9c1c?Event=101614

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

I’m off to Hobart later this year with the other half. That’s her hometown. Then up to Gold Coast for a few days via Sydney. Tas sounds fantastic.

Tas is fantastic.  Hobart is fantastic.

I'll bet six degrees of separation connects your other half and me.

In a city of 120,000 people it's odds-on.

If Pistonbroke had his wedding reception in my cousin's restaurant in Bielefeld, Westphalia, then anything's possible.

Guest Pistonbroke
18 minutes ago, skaro said:

If Pistonbroke had his wedding reception in my cousin's restaurant in Bielefeld, Westphalia, then anything's possible.

That was nearly 24 years ago, J! It wasn't the reception as such, just a meal with family and close friends. We had the reception in the evening with a buffet, band and shit loads of alcohol. They sold the restaurant a few years ago, It's a Greek restaurant now, I'm guessing they didn't have anyone to pass it onto and retired, because it was great food and was always packed. The owner an I got on really well, I used to get him cheap booze from the military NAAFI. Life moves on though and I hardly bumped into him over the last years of his tenure. 

10 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

That was nearly 24 years ago, J! It wasn't the reception as such, just a meal with family and close friends. We had the reception in the evening with a buffet, band and shit loads of alcohol. They sold the restaurant a few years ago, It's a Greek restaurant now, I'm guessing they didn't have anyone to pass it onto and retired, because it was great food and was always packed. The owner an I got on really well, I used to get him cheap booze from the military NAAFI. Life moves on though and I hardly bumped into him over the last years of his tenure. 

If the truth be known, my cousin Joko just wanted to go back to Croatia and fish for carp and do what Croatians like doing - he got sick of being in hospitality. It wasn't a career or an empire for him, it was a "needs must" which Yugoslavia couldn't provide for an impatient entrepreneur. 

But thanks to his wife, and the tireless work of my auntie - who is 89 now and with a massive stroke in the last few months, sadly, on her last legs - he made Bielefeld work for him and his family in a brilliant way.  

Full credit to Germany and whatever other forces, for allowing him the freedom to do that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Yeah, I've taken my kids the last few years. There's food vans (and a beer truck) they get to leg it about on the pitch and listen to some live music.  Also very educational with all the streakers it was. 

64444009_2075367709234289_60981862813159

Here's the ticket link:

https://communitycup.oztix.com.au/outlet/event/ed625ca7-5372-4e2b-adcd-f9768b1a9c1c?Event=101614

Cheers JJ

2 hours ago, skaro said:

Like the Isle of Mann on a bigger scale 

• 1 month later...