You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham 0 Liverpool 2 - Champions League Final (Jun 1 2019)

tlw content

Confident but not cocky, that was exactly how I felt. 

I was also confident we would score from a set piece but obviously didn't want to jinx it by mentioning it during the game. 

Weirdly, after the second went in I felt more nervous, which probably says more about me. 

Great report and really looking forward to the fanzine. The diary section alone will be bigger than War and Peace.

• Upvote 1

Dave, how about a tlw celebration party where you bring truckloads of the new fanzine along and sign copies and photos of yourself for your adoring fans (fiver a pop for the latter).

Every forumite there would buy one. You end up with that beach house in the Bahamas and everyone else gets to celebrate this special moment in the way they really want to: getting all the petty, anal and venomous pieces of oneupmanship we’ve been nursing for years out face to face.

(It’d stop half the arguments on here and improve the sense of community no end if people met in person and realised they’ve been arguing with someone totally different to the version they’re imagining.)

You know it makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Dave, how about a tlw celebration party where you bring truckloads of the new fanzine along and sign copies and photos of yourself for your adoring fans (fiver a pop for the latter).

Every forumite there would buy one. You end up with that beach house in the Bahamas and everyone else gets to celebrate this special moment in the way they really want to: getting all the petty, anal and venomous pieces of oneupmanship we’ve been nursing for years out face to face.

(It’d stop half the arguments on here and improve the sense of community no end if people met in person and realised they’ve been arguing with someone totally different to the version they’re imagining.)

You know it makes sense.

Great idea.

Can I get a lift this time?

1 hour ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Weirdly, after the second went in I felt more nervous, which probably says more about me. 

Same here. Thinking about it I'm glad we didn't go 2-0 up earlier because that just means the other team have nothing to lose and can throw the kitchen sink at the opposition. Only being 1-0 down means they still had to keep it tight at the back. And then a late goal - well, the perfect result, really.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Great idea, you cunt.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

When we won the Pen the Ref took a fucking age before he let us take it. He seemed to be talking to every individual player before he blew his whistle. Because it took so long and Milner was on the bench I wasn't confident he'd score. I thought Loris probably should have saved it looking at the replays but I think he's a very overrated goalkeeper so maybe not.

• Upvote 1

Great report to end a great season.  The report hit all the right notes about all the right people (even if Big Game James drew a blank).  I'm made up for Hendo & Klopp especially.  The defense was excellent and just carried on from the Barca second leg.

Looking forward to the fanzine. 

• Upvote 1

Well that scuttles one of our stories from Madrid. This big, shaggy long-haired dude came walking towards our group in the fanzone on Saturday morning carrying a supermarket bag with dozens of tinnies and my lad shouts out - hey, thats Dave Usher! Now Ive seen this guy loads of times over the years standing outside the Kop selling fanzines and as he reached us he never denied the Dave Usher thing and he stayed with us for half an hour talking about how him and his mates made the journey and where to watch the game as (like us) they had one lad with a ticket and the rest lost out in the ballot. We took the 24 hour ferry back after the game and only arrived home in the early hours so I opened Daves report intending to post about how cool it was to meet him - except it wasn't cool it was fucking baking in the Felipe II Plaza - only to find the real DU watched the game in Liverpool! So who is that fella who sells the fanzines and looks like a hippie from some rock band?

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

You know it makes sense.

It has been discussed, as it's the 20 year anniversary this summer.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, beejay said:

Well that scuttles one of our stories from Madrid. This big, shaggy long-haired dude came walking towards our group in the fanzone on Saturday morning carrying a supermarket bag with dozens of tinnies and my lad shouts out - hey, thats Dave Usher! Now Ive seen this guy loads of times over the years standing outside the Kop selling fanzines and as he reached us he never denied the Dave Usher thing and he stayed with us for half an hour talking about how him and his mates made the journey and where to watch the game as (like us) they had one lad with a ticket and the rest lost out in the ballot. We took the 24 hour ferry back after the game and only arrived home in the early hours so I opened Daves report intending to post about how cool it was to meet him - except it wasn't cool it was fucking baking in the Felipe II Plaza - only to find the real DU watched the game in Liverpool! So who is that fella who sells the fanzines and looks like a hippie from some rock band?

Could be Andy Knott from RAOTL.

1 hour ago, Agt Provocateur said:

Those queue jumpers were pricks. I thought they were going to end in the Mersey. I've never seen Paul get so angry! 

Found my courage in the bottom of one of those many Welsh bevvies Jules put us all on to. 

• dave u unpinned this topic