You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What were you most wrong about with this team?

Kevin D

This is the best team in world football, today. Helmed by the best manager in the game today.

We are, none of us perfect, so just curious what was your biggest misconception about a player, the manager or the team generally?

I strongly opposed getting Van Dijk. I did not understand why the Celtic Cb's price had gone from 8m to 75m in 2 years. I thought if you spend that kind of money, you don't spend it at Southampton who have consistently fucked us and you sure as shit don't spend it on a guy who has only won a Scottish league cup.

What have you got?

Quite a few of the signings if I'm being honest 

Salah - Chelsea reject

Winjaldum - Bang average

Allison - Not worth the massive fee.

AOC - He's not proven his worth on the pitch as yet but he's obviously a very positive influence in the dressing room and a proper 'team player'

Also Henderson as captain, thought he was too nice and not a true leader but he's just lifted No6 and Klopp loves him.

Gini - used to lambast him but he's been brilliant this season.

Hendo - thought we could do with selling him. The positional change has done wonders for him, he's been incredible since March.

Manè - not really wrong with this one per se as I've always liked him, but I remember laughing when he was linked with £20 million move to United. Thank fuck that never happened.

thinking Origi should have been let go last summer 

that Henderson should have been sold 

that we had paid over the top prices for VVD and Allison 

for once im really glad i was wrong 

Only thing I can think of is being furious with Klopp for calling out the fans. Thing is, though - he was right. We needed reminding that the team needs us to stay and sing ALL the time to the very last second. 

• Upvote 2

Midfield not being good enough, us not getting a CB when the VVD bid was rejected, not to mention how mental 75mil was for a centre half, the impact of the Brain leaving, Firmino not being good enough, the Robertson buy being another sign of our fall from grace as a club, Oxlade a poor choice for midfield, the effect of the Coutinho sale, Klopp not able to manage games, not enough nous in the team, and us being too nice to win.

• Upvote 1

I thought it was borderline criminal to wait for VVD rather than get a different player that summer.

I thought Andy Robertson was underwhelming in his first couple of matches and thought he'd never make it.

I had doubts about Jordan Henderson. I thought he wouldn't be able to contribute against the best opponents.

I couldn't believe we bought Manè.

I didn't understand why we brought in Wijnaldum. Looked average.

I couldn't understand why Klopp didn't ship out half the squad in his first couple of windows. 

I am happy to report we have a manager that knows a lot more about football than I do! His transfers get a lot of attention, but what he's done with the players who were here when he arrived is equally impressive.

17 minutes ago, Paul said:

Only thing I can think of is being furious with Klopp for calling out the fans. Thing is, though - he was right. We needing reminding that the team needs us to stay and sing ALL the time to the very last second. 

Really nice one.

I remember when we drew against WBA at home in his first year and he went with the entire team to celebrate at the Kop end. I thought it was small time at the time, but with hindsight it's clear he was building a sense of team spirit that a man manager like him needs to cultivate.

As far as arguing with the main stand, in fairness he doesn't do that anymore. I still think it is inappropriate for an employee of the club to be screaming at supporters of the football club, personally.

24 minutes ago, Paul said:

Only thing I can think of is being furious with Klopp for calling out the fans. Thing is, though - he was right. We needing reminding that the team needs us to stay and sing ALL the time to the very last second. 

I think it was necessary at the time. Negativity seeped from the stands whenever a player made a (minor) mistake.