You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dortmund (N) 20/7/19 Friendly

Bjornebye

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

GET THE TEAM LEAKED!!

I'm hearing that Ads Lallana is playing in a deep-lying midfield role. I shit you not.

3 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Deep-lying as in back at Melwood?

Deep-lying in bed with a tub of Nivea. I'm hearing it's not at Melwood though.

Mignolet, Clyne, Matip, Gomez, Larouci, Fabinho, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wilson, Kent, Origi

Subs: Lonergan, Atherton, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Henderson, Brewster, Robertson, Lewis, Phillips, Jones, Hoever, Woodburn, Alexander-Arnold 

FTkm7Pwt?format=jpg&name=orig

And look who out injured already

It's OK though, he's like a new signing and is physically capable of playing the 6 role. 

This no signing bollocks is gonna cost us big time with Mane, Bobby and Salah again not getting a summer off and a kid with 0 minutes of football to replace them

Guest Pistonbroke

I was hoping to stay awake to watch this, no chance now. Fuck it, I'll watch it tomorrow or just read the thread. 

Reckon we'll win by 4 runs, Atherton and Lewis will come on and take 4 wickets apiece. 

Fucking hell Lallana really is made of glass isn't he. And not normal glass, the opposite of shatter proof, shatter guaranteed. He makes Darren Anderton look like Suarez.

Edit, granted it's a dead leg and a contact injury but still, he bruises like a peach!

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, niallers said:

Fucking hell Lallana really is made of glass isn't he. And not normal glass, the opposite of shatter proof, shatter guaranteed. He makes Darren Anderton look like Suarez

I'm sure he's just taking the piss. He's not that good anyway, unless you have a hard on for him like Stringy. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Apparently Lallana has a dead leg. To go with his dead ankle, his dead back, his dead ribs, his dead Calfs, his dead  arms and his dead attitude. 

Guest Pistonbroke
51 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

And look who out injured already

It's OK though, he's like a new signing and is physically capable of playing the 6 role. 

This no signing bollocks is gonna cost us big time with Mane, Bobby and Salah again not getting a summer off and a kid with 0 minutes of football to replace them

To be fair, Bobby will have had enough rest, same with Salah. Still enough time before our first game in earnest. We'd all like to see a few more players come in and strengthen the squad, but if Klopp firmly believes we have enough within the squad then so be it. Sometimes you have to give fringe players a chance and Klopp has obviously been closer to their advancement than us. With Lallana, he's probably trying to give the lad a bit of philological boost in the hope he can stay fit and play a part. Maybe's with a view to upping his value should he play a bigger role this season, I wouldn't read too much into things.  Still time to sign one or two more players, who knows what he's planning. he has players he has worked with to fit his systems, so he's obviously hoping they come good rather than bringing in players who are not wise to it. 

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

To be fair, Bobby will have had enough rest, same with Salah. Still enough time before our first game in earnest. We'd all like to see a few more players come in and strengthen the squad, but if Klopp firmly believes we have enough within the squad then so be it. Sometimes you have to give fringe players a chance and Klopp has obviously been closer to their advancement than us. With Lallana, he's probably trying to give the lad a bit of philological boost in the hope he can stay fit and play a part. Maybe's with a view to upping his value should he play a bigger role this season, I wouldn't read too much into things.  Still time to sign one or two more players, who knows what he's planning. he has players he has worked with to fit his systems, so he's obviously hoping they come good rather than bringing in players who are not wise to it. 

Not sure I agree about front 3.

Salah and Firmino will return to training with us at the end of July.

We have seen how much importance Klopp puts in pre season with how hard he works his teams in pre season - he is going to have very little of a pre season with Firmino and Salah and none at all with Mane who won't return to training until after season starts.

It is a really big potential problem for us, and for it to affect all three of them is really bad luck - he may decide to hold all 3 back as long as possible to make sure they are prepared as well as they can be, but can he afford to do so - i'd say no.

It is lousy luck/timing, but for me a real worry.

• Downvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, an tha said:

Not sure I agree about front 3.

Salah and Firmino will return to training with us at the end of July.

We have seen how much importance Klopp puts in pre season with 

They've been playing, I'm sure they'll be fine once things get underway. Salah has already had a longer rest than I thought he'd have, same for Bobby. mane is a worry, but he's the type of player who will just carry on, has he ever been injured for more than a few games throughout his career? Just calm down mate, we can all look for issues before they arise. we are champions of Europe and have a manager who knows his beans. We'd also be champions of the PL if it wasn't for the cheating manc bastards. It's way to early to whinge, even for you.