You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How are you going to be unbearable?

Guest Pistonbroke

The advantage of living abroad is being able to avoid all the toxic bollocks from other fans. Obvious disadvantage is missing out on the celebrations when you land a trophy like Big Ears for the sixth time. Everyone I know over here is happy for me and the club we love, so instead of being smug you have to be humble. Even my Bayern/Barcelona/Chelsea supporting neighbour was very kind with his words. Still buzzing and I can't wait to open a nice cold bottle of cider in a few hours. 

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

The advantage of living abroad is being able to avoid all the toxic bollocks from other fans. Obvious disadvantage is missing out on the celebrations when you land a trophy like Big Ears for the sixth time. Everyone I know over here is happy for me and the club we love, so instead of being smug you have to be humble. Even my Bayern/Barcelona/Chelsea supporting neighbour was very kind with his words. Still buzzing and I can't wait to open a nice cold bottle of cider in a few hours. 

Agreed.

Was teaching this morning and one of my students told me her seven year old son wanted us to win because his mother's English teacher supports Liverpool.

Most locals in Madrid also seem really happy there wasn't any trouble. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Agreed.

Was teaching this morning and one of my students told me her seven year old son wanted us to win because his mother's English teacher supports Liverpool.

Most locals in Madrid also seem really happy there wasn't any trouble. 

I've had congratulatory texts from loads of people, some who don't even follow football that much. It can be rewarding living abroad, as they have a different outlook towards the game when disguising overseas teams. You obviously still get a load of toxic bell ends as far as their own league/teams go, nowhere near as bad as the UK mind. 

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

I've had congratulatory texts from loads of people, some who don't even follow football that much. It can be rewarding living abroad, as they have a different outlook towards the game when disguising overseas teams. You obviously still get a load of toxic bell ends as far as their own league/teams go, nowhere near as bad as the UK mind. 

Basically we're well loved abroad.

And agreed about the amount of bellends re their own leagues.

Had my day off cancelled on Monday. Said I'd only go in if I could wear a Liverpool shirt. 

Wednesday an agency worker turns up wearing a Manchester United trackie top. Told him he couldn't wear it and he ended up having to wear a hi viz vest over it all day. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Got a kiddies birthday party tomorrow evening, which will be attended by three blues who were giving it loads about Karius at the same party last year. I'm not going to say anything and just see how it pans out. I bet they won't say a thing about it. 

Talk to the hosts and suggest that aside from a petting farm, they have a sensory room where blues who are getting agitated and emotional can go. 

6 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Just the 3 League Cups, 2 FA Cups, 1 UEFA Cup and 2 European Cups since they last won something.

Won’t mention the additional Charity Shields and European Super Cups, wouldn’t want to be unbearable.

You should see how much other English teams have won.