You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Homecoming Parade

kop77

20 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I watched them on Rocky Lane and then walked into Town to catch them at the bottom of James Street. (Had time for a pint on the way, too.)

A good, good day.

Klopp dangling his leg over the back of the bus.  Frankly, I think any manager should be setting a better Health & Safety example.

12 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Gonna sound like Dave Kirby here but fuck it.

Watched them from the bottom of Water St. Me and Lizzie B got a picture with Phil Thompson.  My bird god bless her knows his son and was asking why I ignored him (Ive met him before) and just rugby tackled his Dad. Rem, 2 European Cups thats why blue nose. .... Nose

Stood there and our own forum mother Cath turns up with Mook and her kid and his mate. Sounds all good yeah? Next thing I'm getting called a fat nonce. 

Notching aside, I stood looking up at the south liver bird. The one facing the city. I could smell the mersey wind, could feel the passion, the people the feeling. I've never seen her look so good. So proud. She looked over her city. Champions of Europe. That moment will live with me to the grave. Looking up at that liver bird. 

Oh and then the bus went past and Klopp was smashed out of his nut. Yerrrrsssssss Liverpool 

E0A47939-C325-4053-8D94-0874129CCA2C.jpeg

• Upvote 10

29 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Can’t believe you called him a fat nonce, Cath.

Quite out of character for you, that.

That’s not nice!

So how far away were you, magicrat, and anyone else, from us?

I know it’s a bit Pollyanna and I’m sort of struggling to put it into words but after months, years, where it seems all the news appears to have been about division and negativity what an absolute joy it was to be a part of a coming together of people, all ages, so many nationalities to show our love for our club, our manager and the players and staff. What a city. 

• Upvote 9

Had a fab time yesterday down by the liver buildings with Chris, Dave and a couple of others. The highlight for everyone was when the ball getting booted about fell to me, I trapped it effortlessly, chipped it to knee height and volleyed it so hard that the lad on the crane caught it. The applause that broke out around me was as flattering as it was spontaneous but I did think that getting me on their shoulders was a bit much, it wasn't like I'd won the European Cup. 

I did get hit on the head by a flare/piece of a flare and have a nasty burn on my scalp.  The tinges of pain just remind me that we are the 6 (six) time champions of European football. 

• Upvote 5

Commute into town this morning was rammed with people who had all lost their voice. Whole train of people whispering about how boss their weekend was whilst wearing their LFC shirt/scarf/hat to work. Shops all out giving their windows a clean/tidying up the rubbish with grins on their faces.

Then there's plastic mic guy fucking about bright and early.

44 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Had a fab time yesterday down by the liver buildings with Chris, Dave and a couple of others. The highlight for everyone was when the ball getting booted about fell to me, I trapped it effortlessly, chipped it to knee height and volleyed it so hard that the lad on the crane caught it. The applause that broke out around me was as flattering as it was spontaneous but I did think that getting me on their shoulders was a bit much, it wasn't like I'd won the European Cup. 

I did get hit on the head by a flare/piece of a flare and have a nasty burn on my scalp.  The tinges of pain just remind me that we are the 6 (six) time champions of European football. 

I logged into this thread to share the story of your heroics with the forum, but I see you've beaten me to it. Very modest though downplaying it the way you have though.

That City keeper might have the world record for the longest kick, but when it comes to the highest he has nothing on you Paulie. Pretty sure when that ball came back down, E.T. had signed it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dave u said:

I logged into this thread to share the story of your heroics with the forum, but I see you've beaten me to it. Very modest though downplaying it the way you have though.

That City keeper might have the world record for the longest kick, but when it comes to the highest he has nothing on you Paulie. Pretty sure when that ball came back down, E.T. had signed it.

I didn't want any hyperbole to exaggerate what happened so I thought I'd just present the facts plainly and let everyone draw their own conclusions about how brilliant I am. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Twitter was not happy with Partridge burning Brewster about his lack of appearances. Apparently it was snide and makes him a twat.

He's a physio who has spent 12 months working with Brewster every day helping him get fit again. Call me crazy, but I think they might just have the kind of relationship where it's ok to take the piss out of eachother.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I didn't want any hyperbole to exaggerate what happened so I thought I'd just present the facts plainly and let everyone draw their own conclusions about how brilliant I am. 

Very Hendo-ish of you that mate, fair play.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, dave u said:

Twitter was not happy with Partridge burning Brewster about his lack of appearances. Apparently it was snide and makes him a twat.

He's a physio who has spent 12 months working with Brewster every day helping him get fit again. Call me crazy, but I think they might just have the kind of relationship where it's ok to take the piss out of eachother.

I vaguely remember Richie Partridge as a young and fairly promising winger. I think its cool he has a career with the club despite not hitting the big time. I'm sure the twitter thing is a storm in a teacup.

I only know about it because Brewster was trending, so I clicked to see what was being said and it was a mixture of people laughing about Klopp pouring ale on his head, and others kicking off about Partridge.

On the face of it, it does seem like a twattish thing to say to a young lad, but as I mentioned, Partridge knows him well enough that it's fair to assume they have that kind of a relationship where they're needling eachother all the time. I bet Brewster is always taking the piss about him only having three appearances and how he's going to have a hundred times that number.

They're footy players, piss taking comes as naturally to them as breathing.