You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Homecoming Parade

kop77

Had an absolutely boss day. Drove over from Leeds with my little girl and two of my mates. Decided to go near childwall five ways so we’d be done fairly early and could get home, and sure town would have been better, but great atmosphere, lots of fun and memories with my girl that are priceless.

C6E88D7F-DF4F-4D4A-A7E4-B60F7A898B94.jpeg

76E29F67-81EA-4477-8917-5E94784D60F1.jpeg

• Upvote 24

The crowd was put at 250,000 by Joe Anderson, the city’s directly elected mayor, who tweeted: “To have ended the fantastic season they have had without a trophy would have been a travesty, massive respect to a great team with much more to come. City of Liverpool benefits massively.”

Is it any wonder he's fucking awful at counting calories. 

At first he thought it was 250,000.

Then it went to 500,000.

Now Liverpool mayor Joe Anderson believes a massive 750,000 lined the route for an amazing parade.

Remarkable to compare the pictures of that with the City parade a month ago.

2019-05-22_spo_50535010_I1.JPG

?image=5775635

It looks impressive until you look more closely and realise that 1)the flares are actually being set off by club employees and players, not fans, and 2) the flags are all exactly the same, meaning they were almost certainly handed out by the club.

Contrast their 100k turnout (for a treble!) with LFC's 750k and a fan culture that produces scenes like this, and you realise there's no comparison:

D8FbJfVWkAAXVry.jpg

Gonna sound like Dave Kirby here but fuck it.

Watched them from the bottom of Water St. Me and Lizzie B got a picture with Phil Thompson.  My bird god bless her knows his son and was asking why I ignored him (Ive met him before) and just rugby tackled his Dad. Rem, 2 European Cups thats why blue nose. .... Nose

Stood there and our own forum mother Cath turns up with Mook and her kid and his mate. Sounds all good yeah? Next thing I'm getting called a fat nonce. 

Notching aside, I stood looking up at the south liver bird. The one facing the city. I could smell the mersey wind, could feel the passion, the people the feeling. I've never seen her look so good. So proud. She looked over her city. Champions of Europe. That moment will live with me to the grave. Looking up at that liver bird. 

Oh and then the bus went past and Klopp was smashed out of his nut. Yerrrrsssssss Liverpool 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Seasons said:

1.jpg

I had to laugh when that red smoke and red fireworks came out from the roof of the Royal Liver Building.  Remember how our dear friends and neighbours were trying to convince us that our heads came off when someone put some blue lights up their; today will have boiled their piss a treat.

3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I had to laugh when that red smoke and red fireworks came out from the roof of the Royal Liver Building.  Remember how our dear friends and neighbours were trying to convince us that our heads came off when someone put some blue lights up their; today will have boiled their piss a treat.

The noise that came following the red smoke was great.

Not as boss as the footies getting twatted about in the hours prior.