You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I've purposely avoided all the Klopp interviews, Social media releases ect as I cant take it. Just going to watch the Game today, raise a pint to Klopp and bid farewell. 

The end of an era. 

47 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

And yet every single person I spoke to yesterday believes this to be the case. 

Of course, people believe what they want to believe, and some of it comes from a desire just to irk me. 

Liverpool’s numbers, in terms of trophy wins, is seen as failure. 

Man City’s numbers, in terms of charges, is seen as irrelevant. 

Now I am dealing with Leeds fans here, who are undeniably ridiculous in all matters; re: the beautiful game, but it’s a narrative that is shared by many other supporters of less idiotic fanbases than Leeds. 

Of course, despite me wasting some of what’s left of my life writing this. What they think doesn’t matter. It’s what we think, our truth, the truth. 

Didn’t Leeds fans all fall in love with Bielsa when the rest of us couldn’t really see the attraction ? You’d think they’d get it.
 Although they also wiped their arse with the Turkey flag in the Taksim so we can’t expect too much. 

10 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Although they also wiped their arse with the Turkey flag in the Taksim so we can’t expect too much. 

Not something that’s ever acknowledged in these parts. I’m not 100% sure if it’s true or not, although something like this really wouldn’t surprise me. 

Even the possibility that something like this happened has been airbrushed from history in favour of a universal loathing for the whole country of Turkey. 

Whatever, what happened to the two Leeds fans that lost their lives was horrific. The long battle for proper justice, also shameful. You’d think this would also provide an essence of kinship with Liverpool FC. Unfortunately, in my experience anyway, it does not. 

• Upvote 1

How can any manager winning the league and European cup be deemed a failure by any fans who can only dream of such things. What where they expecting Klopp to come in and dominate the cheating nation state.. why. Why has Klopp got this expectation on him that anything less than multiple titles is a failure, he joined a club that hadn't won a league in 30 years. Morons. He achieved more than any other manager has in the league in his time here competing against Abu Dhabi and their lawyers.

When he says 'i will miss you like hell' at the end of that video the club released yesterday it really gets to me....

As much as i want him to leave if he feels he has to and can't do the job properly anymore there is just this bit of me that when you hear him say that the way he says it that just screams 'no it isn't right, stay'.....which of course is not fair and not right....

Horrible isn't it!

13 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

How can any manager winning the league and European cup be deemed a failure by any fans who can only dream of such things. What where they expecting Klopp to come in and dominate the cheating nation state.. why. Why has Klopp got this expectation on him that anything less than multiple titles is a failure, he joined a club that hadn't won a league in 30 years. Morons. He achieved more than any other manager has in the league in his time here competing against Abu Dhabi and their lawyers.

Sheer and utter jealousy and an attempt to belittle the achievements of the countries most successful club. 

We are the biggest club in this country and people love to try and knock us down. Any other club and there wouldn't even be a conversation about it but because it's Liverpool people love to hate us. 

Doesn't matter what any other fanbase think as they are all beneath us. 

1 minute ago, Leyton388 said:

Sheer and utter jealousy and an attempt to belittle the achievements of the countries most successful club. 

We are the biggest club in this country and people love to try and knock us down. Any other club and there wouldn't even be a conversation about it but because it's Liverpool people love to hate us. 

Doesn't matter what any other fanbase think as they are all beneath us. 

Yeah is just the worst sort of myopic tribalism, which is multiplied by a massive amount of jealousy, envy and anti scouse sentiment because it is us involved.

2 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

And yet every single person I spoke to yesterday believes this to be the case. 

Of course, people believe what they want to believe, and some of it comes from a desire just to irk me. 

Liverpool’s numbers, in terms of trophy wins, is seen as failure. 

Man City’s numbers, in terms of charges, is seen as irrelevant. 

Now I am dealing with Leeds fans here, who are undeniably ridiculous in all matters; re: the beautiful game, but it’s a narrative that is shared by many other supporters of less idiotic fanbases than Leeds. 

Of course, despite me wasting some of what’s left of my life writing this. What they think doesn’t matter. It’s what we think, our truth, the truth. 

It’s a mixed bag though. For every trophy we were robbed by cheaty fc, there’s clearly been times when the club has sabotaged itself like the season after our league win we’re city had no chance of catching us until our whole defence got injured and the club decided they’d loan bargain basement. I’d also say last year was negligent too after a quadruple chase.

He could and should have won more, but because of cheaty and tight owners he didn’t. 

I wouldn’t call his haul underachievement though, that doesn’t fit the brief.