You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Oh dear god yes I hope this is true and happens.

Been thinking alot recently how much more this team has got to go, especially with the way were refreshing it. Would he really want to walk away from all that he has built

4 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Good that Klopp might be open to staying, but the transfer stuff is concerning. Who's Calvin Ramsay? A Scottish full-back who nobody's heard of - that'll work out well. 

Let’s just hope he gets relegated before we sign him. 

Seriously this might be the most significant decision in our history given where we are now and the potential for even greater heights. Really don’t think it’s possible to overstate the importance of this, should it be realised.

• Upvote 9

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Seriously this might be the most significant decision in our history given where we are now and the potential for even greater heights. Really don’t think it’s possible to overstate the importance of this, should it be realised.

Jurgen probably realises he's been cheated out of some time by COVID and some achievements by a certain state-controlled football club. 

Also, he probably finds it as hard to picture himself managing elsewhere as we do. This would be a phenomenal development. 

8 minutes ago, Paul said:

I had thought for a while that our next appointment is going to be one if the most important in the clubs history, get the right manager in and we will continue riding the wave, get the wrong one in and we've seen how quickly things can start to unravel when you look at arsenal and united. 

Might as well make our next managerial appointment the ultimate right decision, with the best manager in the world who luckily enough is already here. 

Please be true. 

Marvellous journalism from Richard Jolly, it really is.

Liverpool have accelerated the process of building a squad for the longer term with the signings of Diogo Jota, Ibrahima Konate and Luis Diaz in the last three transfer windows, along with the imminent arrival of the Fulham teenager Ibrahima Konate.

3 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Marvellous journalism from Richard Jolly, it really is.

Liverpool have accelerated the process of building a squad for the longer term with the signings of Diogo Jota, Ibrahima Konate and Luis Diaz in the last three transfer windows, along with the imminent arrival of the Fulham teenager Ibrahima Konate.

Future centre back pairing sorted then.  Konate to Konate to Salah, goal.

• Upvote 1

I think Klopp would realise by now that in terms of all the things he'd want as a manager, he will never get it better than right now at Liverpool. 

I love the timing of this revelation too. Definitely not a coincidence. 

• Upvote 1

In 5 years we could have:

Alisson34
Trent28 Konate27 Gomez29 Kostas30
Elliott24 Fabinho33 Jones26
Salah34 Jota30 Diaz30

Carvalho24 

Obviously there will be more turnover but it is a case of just 2 players every year to keep it fresh. The man has done some job in the last 6.5 years. 

50 minutes ago, A_S said:

I think Klopp would realise by now that in terms of all the things he'd want as a manager, he will never get it better than right now at Liverpool. 

I love the timing of this revelation too. Definitely not a coincidence. 

Yes, I think perhaps he's not having his head turned by any club, and thinks now is the time to cash-in on his stock and secure a new deal.  And if he moved anywhere else then he writes off 2 or 3 years to build anything capable of rivalling what he has here. 

I did wonder about his relationship with Bayern, and if that was something he wanted to do before he retired.  I've never really seen any links though, so maybe he totally ruled it out a while back and I didn't see it. 

And crucially, perhaps this is all key to Salah's decision.