Quantcast
Jurgen Norbert Klopp - Page 7 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Carvalho Diablo

Jurgen Norbert Klopp

1 hour ago, The Guest said:

I spent the first couple of months worrying he was going to get fed up with all the cryarsing about signings and people leaving the ground with about 10 mins to go and jack it in.

It’s madness that he come here when you look at the state we were in.  Try not to worry about when he leaves.  It seems obvious it’s going to be at the end of his current contract but it doesn’t matter.  Just enjoy every second of him being here because I doubt we will see anything like him again.

This. I'll be gutted when Jurgen goes. Fingers crossed he'll have got the 30 year old 'monkey' off our backs, maybe even twice, before he does. But when he does, he will leave with only my goodwill and blessing for the job he'll have done.

Maybe he'll decide to give it another couple of years after this contract, maybe the German FA will make their move for him around that same time? Who knows, just enjoy the ride.

I’ll be honest, I’m getting very tired of all the talk around his future recently. Have seen several stories today, Dortmund called and asked him to go back; he would “think about it” if Germany offered him the job. Alright, that’s fine, lots of people think about their future and he’s not going to want to be here forever. Is it really an appropriate time to be talking about all this shit, 8 games into a new season? I’m really sick of hearing about it already 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, aws said:

When is his current contract up? 

Summer of 2022 according to this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36745294

He will see out his contract I reckon, so that gives us two more seasons after this one. I have a feeling he might decide to leave after that as he gave both Mainz and Dortmund 7 years each and he would have done the same with us. He might decide to give it another two years though if he’s still enjoying it and we’re still in a really good place.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Summer of 2022 according to this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36745294

He will see out his contract I reckon, so that gives us two more seasons after this one. I have a feeling he might decide to leave after that as he gave both Mainz and Dortmund 7 years each and he would have done the same with us. He might decide to give it another two years though if he’s still enjoying it and we’re still in a really good place.

Thanks.  I thought it was 2022 but a couple of posters have mentioned the end of next season.  

That's time enough for two League Titles and another European Cup.

And maybe a League or FA Cup for good measure.

And then of course, he'll be tempted to land us title No21, to knock United off there cunting perch outright.

On 08/10/2019 at 19:50, Bjornebye said:

Said it on here before but the night we got him... I was on my way home from work when it came up that he was here. I got in and watched the whole press conference before I even took my coat off. Just sat there with tears in my eyes. I knew he would do magical stuff here. He fits like a glove. Staring up at the Liver Bird facing the city the day of the parade will be a moment that will live with me for the rest of my life. Then the cheeky bastard goes past on the bus pissed out of his head. If we can get another 5/6 years out of him then we need to offer him anything he wants. 

Brilliant that. The thought of him ever leaving fills me with dread.give him anything to keep him here. He's very special and the best man for the job since Bill. 

c96d091.jpg

20 hours ago, Butch said:

Brilliant that. The thought of him ever leaving fills me with dread.give him anything to keep him here. He's very special and the best man for the job since Bill. 

c96d091.jpg

Why do we give a fuck about squad value? His value has been on the field and putting the club back where it belongs,among the greats of World football. Without success on the pitch,monetary value is just the cost of running a business. He has turned us into winners once again.

Just gotta make sure we do win the league in the next three seasons.   After that we've a manager to replace and the front three will be on the way down.  

50 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Why do we give a fuck about squad value? His value has been on the field and putting the club back where it belongs,among the greats of World football. Without success on the pitch,monetary value is just the cost of running a business. He has turned us into winners once again.

Whether you like it or not it's all about the money. Success brings money, and we can see with Chelsea and City money brings success. 

12 hours ago, Butch said:

Whether you like it or not it's all about the money. Success brings money, and we can see with Chelsea and City money brings success. 

Another for the shitness of modern football thread.

21 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Another for the shitness of modern football thread.

Yes you are right it is shit but that's unfortunately how it is now. Money has fucked the game. 

13 hours ago, Butch said:

Just focus on posting pics on the shag thread on the GF. 

I don't care what we have to give him but he must be kept as Manager.

Simply one of the best things to happen to this Club in my lifetime.  Admittedly I'm not as old as Stringy.

9 hours ago, J-V said:

I don't care what we have to give him but he must be kept as Manager.

Simply one of the best things to happen to this Club in my lifetime.  Admittedly I'm not as old as Stringy.

Neither is the club.

• Upvote 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Available Subscriptions

• Last Match Report

• Latest Posts

• What? What the fuck is this clown talking about in the Guardian comments section on Ronay’s Silva dissection? They love to give themselves more relevance than they have,  

• It's great news that we have two players fit and raring to go. 
    • A bullish Xherdan Shaqiri has said that he is ready for more game time after his star showing against Everton in the Reds 5-2 victory on Wednesday evening.

The Swiss star was a surprise selection in the starting lineup especially when you take into account that he had not started a league game since the end of January and his last start in all competitions came on that memorable night on the 7th of May against Barcelona.

Before Wednesday night, Shaqiri played a grand total of 25 minutes in all competitions with his longest run-out coming in the Community Shield against Man City.

A long running battle with a calf injury has been the main reason for his lack of regular first-team action during this campaign, but after scoring his first goal in nearly a year and displaying his sublime skill, Shaq has made it known to all concerned including his manager that he is well and truly back.

The Echo reported the popular utility player as saying:

“ I’m ready, I think the coach saw that too in training,"

"I trained very well and today he gave me the chance and I think I played very well.

“ At the end of the day it’s important to win games with my team, we won it as a team, and obviously when I can contribute it’s always good. 

“Let’s hope for more games!"
        Shaqiri said despite the lack of minutes, rust was never a issue and he felt at home on the pitch.  

“ You know me and how I play, so it’s nothing new!

“I’m an instinctive footballer, so I like to play good football if I feel good. I felt good so I tried some things and it went well.

“ I was very happy to score after a long time. It was a good feeling."

While the injury was undoubtedly a frustrating time for the 28 year-old, he counted his blessings that it was not something more serious like a ligament injury.

“ I’ve been injured [but] thank God I don’t have knee problems or something. I had some muscle problems so I just needed a few weeks to recover well.

“The calf is very dangerous to get another injury and I had this so obviously it was not nice but I stayed positive and tried to come back. 

“I worked very hard in the gym and with the fitness coaches to come back and be ready when the coach needs me. I’m feeling good."

Shaqiri was a player that Jürgen Klopp turned to around this time last season and he certainly did not let his manager down turning in some special performances against Man United and Arsenal in particular.

He is well aware of the jam packed fixture list during this month and says it is great to be option for his manager again.

"Everybody knows that it’s a busy period now with a lot of games coming up, [so] I’m very happy to be back. I’m feeling fresh, feeling good, and I think you saw that.

“We know each other very well, we train every day together, the team stays like last season even when the coach makes some changes - five changes, I think.

“He changed the formation a little bit so it was not simple but we managed that very well today against a good side.

. [It’s] a derby obviously so we wanted to keep the city red, so it was a very important win.

View full article
    • A bullish Xherdan Shaqiri has said that he is ready for more game time after his star showing against Everton in the Reds 5-2 victory on Wednesday evening.

The Swiss star was a surprise selection in the starting lineup especially when you take into account that he had not started a league game since the end of January and his last start in all competitions came on that memorable night on the 7th of May against Barcelona.

Before Wednesday night, Shaqiri played a grand total of 25 minutes in all competitions with his longest run-out coming in the Community Shield against Man City.

A long running battle with a calf injury has been the main reason for his lack of regular first-team action during this campaign, but after scoring his first goal in nearly a year and displaying his sublime skill, Shaq has made it known to all concerned including his manager that he is well and truly back.

The Echo reported the popular utility player as saying:

“ I’m ready, I think the coach saw that too in training,"

"I trained very well and today he gave me the chance and I think I played very well.

“ At the end of the day it’s important to win games with my team, we won it as a team, and obviously when I can contribute it’s always good. 

“Let’s hope for more games!"
        Shaqiri said despite the lack of minutes, rust was never a issue and he felt at home on the pitch.  

“ You know me and how I play, so it’s nothing new!

“I’m an instinctive footballer, so I like to play good football if I feel good. I felt good so I tried some things and it went well.

“ I was very happy to score after a long time. It was a good feeling."

While the injury was undoubtedly a frustrating time for the 28 year-old, he counted his blessings that it was not something more serious like a ligament injury.

“ I’ve been injured [but] thank God I don’t have knee problems or something. I had some muscle problems so I just needed a few weeks to recover well.

“The calf is very dangerous to get another injury and I had this so obviously it was not nice but I stayed positive and tried to come back. 

“I worked very hard in the gym and with the fitness coaches to come back and be ready when the coach needs me. I’m feeling good."

Shaqiri was a player that Jürgen Klopp turned to around this time last season and he certainly did not let his manager down turning in some special performances against Man United and Arsenal in particular.

He is well aware of the jam packed fixture list during this month and says it is great to be option for his manager again.

"Everybody knows that it’s a busy period now with a lot of games coming up, [so] I’m very happy to be back. I’m feeling fresh, feeling good, and I think you saw that.

“We know each other very well, we train every day together, the team stays like last season even when the coach makes some changes - five changes, I think.

“He changed the formation a little bit so it was not simple but we managed that very well today against a good side.

. [It’s] a derby obviously so we wanted to keep the city red, so it was a very important win.

View full article
  • Latest Round Up

• Popular Contributors